PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Equipment

Mountain Gardener
11-04-2002, 10:51 PM
This is my first post on this site. Lots of different views and advise. Great!!!

I am a nurseryman, design- build- install contractor, and container grower.

I am looking at replacing our homeowner type riding mowers with a Husky commerical mower to maintain our large nursery and home turf areas. Dealer is a stand up guy so service and support is not in question. Don't know any thing about Husky except their saws.

I have run a friend's Grasshopper and really liked the way it mowed and the manuverability. I don't care to trade with local Grasshopper dealer any longer due to his smart mouth and continued problems with other repairs in the past.

Anyone got any first hand or other good knowledge about Husqvarna equipment??

Thanks in Advance

greenman
11-04-2002, 11:10 PM
I have never used of ran any of the mowers, but from what I hear they are built tough. Dealer support is one of most important things to consider when purchasing a mower. There are some guys on this forum that really like there Huskys. I would definitely look into trying one out. Demo one for a day or so, if he will let you. I have a Husqvarna blower, very strong.

BTW, what part of N AR are you from?

Flex-Deck
11-04-2002, 11:19 PM
The husky is probably a very good machine - I agree - dealer support is the most important - lots of good machines out there - I just posted a thread on my sponsor forum (How do you determine if the Flex-Deck will fit your machine) - After you decide upon you machine of choice, you may want to consider making it into a trimming monster. Visit all the sponsor forums - they do support this place.

Thanks, Bradhttp://Dixie Flexed

eslawns
11-05-2002, 01:52 AM
I run Husky and have had good service from them. They bought Yazoo Kees a couple of years ago and have expanded ever since. I have a small frame 48" ZTR and love it. I used a large frame 52" a couple of weeks back while mine was serviced and it was awesome also, just more mower than I need. VERY fast.

As far as 2 cycle stuff, I have 4 of the string trimmers, and they are awesome. The 200 series is heavy, but powerful. I have a Husky hedge trimmer which I like so far, but have only had a month or so. I use a Redmax blower, so I don't know anything about the Husky.

walker-talker
11-05-2002, 02:35 AM
If I am not mistaken, but I think Husky and Husqvarna are two different brands. I know that many people refer to Husqvarna as a Husky, but it gets a little confusing at times, but then again, maybe it's mostly me:D

MATT

Richard Martin
11-05-2002, 03:14 AM
walker-talker, I believe the Husky you are talking about is a brand of hand tool.

This is a news release from www.stanleyworks.com

Stanley will continue as Home Depot's national supplier of Husky(R) branded mechanics tools and toolboxes covered under a 1992 license agreement. Stanley will continue to sell Husky(R) branded mechanics tools and toolboxes to The Home Depot on an exclusive basis. At the end of the five-year contract, Stanley will transfer the rights to the Husky(R) brand to The Home Depot, supporting Home Depot's cross-branding strategy of proprietary product under the Husky(R) name.

Tony Harrell
11-05-2002, 05:58 AM
Husky is an affectionate name given to Husqvarna products in the past. There is however a "Husky" mower line sold by Tractor Supply. Husqvarna and Husky are indeed two different brands. The Husky is home owner stuff. I don't see anything in the world wrong with the Yazoo/Kees/Husqvarna mowers except their sold at every farm store you drive by. The only problem with that is support.

John Gamba
11-05-2002, 07:25 AM
Mountain
If You Are Mowing a nursery Like i'm use to Then get the flex deck. It will Complement You New mower very Well.
John

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
11-05-2002, 09:56 AM
I think those mowers are good but when i was looking for a mower I found some i liked even better for less $$ although the husky i demoed would flyI think the top speed was 14 m.p.h!! That is impresive..Imo:cool:

walker-talker
11-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Tony Harrell
Husky is an affectionate name given to Husqvarna products in the past. There is however a "Husky" mower line sold by Tractor Supply. Husqvarna and Husky are indeed two different brands. The Husky is home owner stuff. I don't see anything in the world wrong with the Yazoo/Kees/Husqvarna mowers except their sold at every farm store you drive by. The only problem with that is support.

You are correct, this is where I seen the line of Husky mowers. After I made that post, I was thinking they are only home owner grade. Thanks for clearing that up.

MATT

Envy Lawn Service
11-05-2002, 12:30 PM
Actually the mowers sold at Tractor supply are called HUSKIE . They are an MTD product like Yard Machine, Yardman, Troy-Built, White Outdoor ect.

Richard Martin
11-05-2002, 12:38 PM
That stands to reason since the Husky (R) name is copyright The Home Depot (R).

Gravely_Man
11-05-2002, 03:06 PM
I have vast experience with their chainsaws and all I can say is that they are incredible. I have also mowed many times with a friend that uses a ZTH5225 XP, which is a 25HP Kawasaki engine. He really likes it and I have driven it a few times and liked the way it handled. If this mower can survive being used by my friend who is Mr. Non maintenance that says a lot for the quality of this machine.

Gravely_Man

mowerman90
11-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Mountain Gardener,

I've owned several Toros and 2 Grasshoppers in the past but none of them were as quick, or offered as good a cut as the 52 in Husqvarna I own now. I has the 23HP Kawi engine in it and for anything less than 8" tall it's more than enough power. One of the Grasshoppers I owned was powered by the 25 HP Kubota 3 cyl gas engine. I feel that the Husky with the 23HP could keep up with it easily. It's also the fatest machine I've ever owned, it flys.

Paul CHINN
11-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Any thing thats "the official commercial lawn care equipment of NASCAR" can't be all bad! By the way, how much do you think husqvarna has to pay NASCAR to stick that logo on their mowers? Seriously, own a variety of Husky equipment to maintain 45 acre ranch. Love my ZTR Husky and it has taken a beating. Most important is the dealer though. Their only three miles down the road and great people to deal with. Otherwise would have gone with exmark.

script
11-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Mountain Gardener, all of my equipment except for my 21" is Husqvarna and I have no regrets. I love the cut and the fact that it is built like a tank. I run a ZTH4218 and have had no problems so far and love it. It only has 120 hours on it, but so far so good and I have been using their edger, trimmer and blower for two years with no problems. My dealer is great and that is my biggest concern, and is what I would recommend to anyone. If you are comfortable with your dealer, as it sounds like you are, I would say to go with it.

Bobby

rross
11-11-2002, 03:00 AM
Husqvarna is all I use for my lawns. I've never had teh slightest problem with any of them. I highly recommend them..