PDA

View Full Version : gator granular applicator

greenerpastures
11-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Large estates and athletic fields are causing me to rig up a JD gator for granular applications. Any advice on a good spreader suitable for a gator mount and up to commercial duty. Have considered Earthway 21 or 40 and also CurtisCab 175.

morturf
11-05-2002, 03:39 PM
Get a Spyker Model 220....much heavier duty. I have 3 and love them all. If you have any other questions....let me know. Mike

greenerpastures
11-05-2002, 05:14 PM
I presume you have yours mounted on ZTR's. Would they mount on the back of a gator? If not, does it look fairly simple to design a frame to mount on a gator's rear end or bed? Is the shutoff mechanism manual or electric? My business is solely fertilizer and chemical sprays.

Thanks

Turf
10-27-2003, 03:23 AM
ProLawn has a electric gate and motor control spreader that mounts on the back of gators, commercial mowers, etc. www.prolawnsprayshields.com.

greenerpastures
10-27-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the info. My post was a year old and I have operated a CurtisCab 175 spreader on a gator for over a year now. Good points are its heavy duty design and capacity of #150 lbs. Bad points are it is not entirely stainless and its gate is manual which required some adaptations to mount it in accessable fashion. It does leave room for a spray system in the bed for which I have a quick atttach 20 ft. breakaway boom that fits the same attachment as the spreader. Built the high-capacity spray system myself since I couldn't find what I wanted exactly. Had to add a foam marking system plus electronic monitor to ensure calibration accuracy. System works great for large areas, but is not answer for tighter quarters. Now I think I am going to buy a permagreen if the posts continue favorable for that product. I am getting too old to push spreaders and drag hoses.

bob
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
AM Leonard sells a 12 volt Earthway that hooks up to the back of the Gator. There isn't a photo on their web site. The price is $291 plus $137 for the mounting kit. Its also in their catalog.