PDA

View Full Version : "OCMC" on ebay...

gogetter
11-05-2002, 12:47 AM
Have you guys seen this on ebay?

http://cgi.compuserve.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2067791188

Looks alot like YSM's unit. I wonder about patent problems there.

Richard Martin
11-05-2002, 02:23 AM
It looks more like the OCDC from DC. If anyone has a patent on that type of device it would be DC.

TLS
11-05-2002, 08:26 AM
Well, the person that makes that has posted a pic of it on here or over there at least once. I thought that his design is just a little too complicated when it comes to his linkage though.

If anyone should be mad, I think it would be YSM. This guys control TOWER is almost a direct copy of my DIRECTOR from YSM. I'd think he'd be OK if he just stuck to mower brands that YSM or DC doesn't make them for. Don't know, but I'd be getting a patent attorney on it right away by any of the manufacturers (including this guy)

He's wasting time with the holes. No benefit, and will let some smaller clippings excape.

On my YSM Director, when folded UP, it is totally out of the way of everything. The plate swings "Over Center" and lays back on the control rod at a 45 degree angle.

We'll see what the price goes up to. But it seems a little high?

If I HAD to by a SCAG Tiger, I'd probably buy this though. Once you have an OCDC, you can never go to a mower without one! Thanks DC!!!

FrankenScagMachines
11-05-2002, 09:18 AM
I don't like the design.. Like TLS said, too much linkage and just poor design, I could have done better and I'm 15... I seriously hope this guy isn't manufacturing these things. If so he needs to use just one color of paint on them :p You ought to be able to retrofit a YSM Director to just about any ZTR really.

TLS, I do think that holes help some though I'm not sure he has enough there to help. I think the ventilation helps with blowout issues on leaves. JMO.

Eric:)

wattsup
11-05-2002, 10:26 AM
I know the guy who is selling these. I do not know what some of you mean by saying the linkage design is too complicated. It is almost identical to DC, but is actuallly less complicated. It works just like the DC but it is not as smooth. How much does the Director sell for? By the way, not taking up for this guy, just trying to say in person the unit looks much better. Just my opinion.

geogunn
11-05-2002, 10:53 AM
I'd have to want one real bad to pay what he's asking for them.

GEO

Richard Martin
11-05-2002, 11:35 AM
If you guys think that's too much money then don't even go near the YSM or DC. $185 is an incredible deal on a device that saves as much time as these do. If I had bought an Exmark Lazer instead of my DC I would have bought the YSM the first year I had the Lazer.

REO
11-05-2002, 03:23 PM
I am the one who designed the Director and I appreciate all the positive comments on it. I know that I too like TLC, couldn't operate my eXmarks without them. I WILL be checking this guy out to see where he got the design for the super structure.

kppurn
11-05-2002, 04:30 PM
I have the Director on my lazer and it's well worth the money. I agree, wouldn't want to mow without it. The biggest benefit for me is keeping grass out of beds and closing it near traffic, facing windows, etc. Also, when I use the mower to blow off driveways, I direct it down (not totally closed). This blows the grass off of drives much better than having the chute open.

Esby
11-05-2002, 06:11 PM
I am also a proud owner of The Director.....sure you pay a high price for it. But its something that I dont know how I would operate my Lazer without. Thank you York:D

TLS
11-05-2002, 06:55 PM
REO,

I don't remember if I ever got a chance to personally THANK YOU for designing your product. I was (to the best of my knowldege) the first paying customer for your Director and the EZ-Striper. (My invoice was number 1001 !!)

This product, (The Director) for those that don't know about it, is a well designed OCDC for use on the Exmark Lazer. It is a POSITIVE, SOLID, debris blocker. No holes to allow things to fly through, and folds overcenter and back out of the way when in the up position. When down, NOTHING can shoot out the chute, unlike some with holes in them. The safety factor is just another side benefit.

BTW, YSM is a great company to deal with. They fully support their product 100%.

REO
11-05-2002, 07:57 PM
Tommy,

Thanks for the thanks. I don't know if you got a chance to check out the new design that I have, but it's alot more user friendly. I changed the angle of the super structure so it works smoother. I also got rid of the cotter pins on the lift rod and changed the settings from 5 to 3. If you want I would be glad to email you a few pictures. I really don't want to advertize on this site out of respect for the rules.

weedwoop
11-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Does anyone make a simple model to go on a w/b? Not to operate from the operator's position, but just to replace the blowout shoot.

LawnSmith
11-06-2002, 01:28 PM
i dont understand the reasoning behind the holes in the plate.

ceaman
11-06-2002, 02:15 PM
The holes are there to reduce blowout....

TLS
11-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Holes never reduced blowout on my DC.

All the holes do is allow grass and debris to PASS through something that you want NOTHING to pass through!

SOLID is the way to go.

XMARKFAN
11-06-2002, 04:16 PM
I can't imagine that the holes wouldn't clog up after about 2-3 min. of use. I know that on my Director plates there is a build up of grass around where the holes are located. Personally , I'd rather stop the grass totally from going where I don't want it to go. Can't wait to get started on the leaves. I found that if you back over them with the chute closed and then go forward with the plate open, they are HISTORY. LOVE THAT OCDC !

LKNServices
11-06-2002, 09:36 PM
Where could one purchase the director designed by REO??? Just curious and what is a round-about price??
Thanks

kppurn
11-06-2002, 10:37 PM
I have the new style and think it ran me about $240.00 including tax and freight.

XMARKFAN
11-08-2002, 07:36 AM
Well I used my OCDC yesterday for leaves , & it works awesome!!!!! I'll have to post some before & after Pic's. Thanks YSM.

REO
11-08-2002, 08:00 AM

gogetter
11-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Reo, I think you're talking about the Private Messaging (I think that's what I had sent you).

Go into your profile (near the top, in red lettering).

crawdad
12-02-2002, 09:43 AM
I wonder if that would fit on my Scag. I hope he puts it up again. I wonder what the reserve is.
Crawdad

wattsup
12-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Crawdad, e-mail me and I will get you some info.

Yardworks
12-06-2002, 06:24 AM
REO, I'd really like to get in touch with you. Very interested in product. Your E-mail feature must be turned off. You should check into advertising on this site. Probably a big hit.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Sorry boys no one can pattent that anymore, DC's pattent ran out and it is a free for all now. Since he has holes in his it is not a direct copy of anything.

The bellcrank on there is something else to go wrong or break.

KISS.