PDA

View Full Version : Finding laterals from the head side.

jcom
09-17-2011, 11:57 AM
We have experienced epic flood this year. A lot of sandbags and earthen dikes on customers properties. A lot of lines ripped up when material is removed. And a boatload of potential repairs.

In several cases, middle sections of zone runs are missing. I can put air through the valves and find one half and this has helped me so far. I am looking for tricks to put air back through a head to find the cut line of a lateral. I can rig a pipe to connect to the bottom fittings but am seeking opines on other ways to maybe hook to the top of a spray or rotor head.

John

DanaMac
09-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Spray head should not be difficult, as there are different adapters to attach a pressure gauge to the stem. Rotors will be difficult though as the top or turret does not come off of most.

1idejim
09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
We have experienced epic flood this year. A lot of sandbags and earthen dikes on customers properties. A lot of lines ripped up when material is removed. And a boatload of potential repairs.

In several cases, middle sections of zone runs are missing. I can put air through the valves and find one half and this has helped me so far. I am looking for tricks to put air back through a head to find the cut line of a lateral. I can rig a pipe to connect to the bottom fittings but am seeking opines on other ways to maybe hook to the top of a spray or rotor head.

John

you can stick an inflatable induction plug in the can.

http://www.leaktools.com/products/pressure_testing_plugs/individual_plugs_inflatable.php

jcom
09-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the opines.

I did not know about the inflatable jems, Jim. Time to get one ordered.

John