PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander RH 42"

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm considering this mower but there are a few concerns I have about it. I'm afraid that the 8" wide tires are too narrow and may create rutting issues. Also, I have read reviews on this website that say the cut quality is not as good as other stand on mowers like the grandstand, vantage, and v-ride. My last concern is comfort. Does the 42" come with a suspension platform? If anyone can provide any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Florida Gardener
09-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm considering this mower but there are a few concerns I have about it. I'm afraid that the 8" wide tires are too narrow and may create rutting issues. Also, I have read reviews on this website that say the cut quality is not as good as other stand on mowers like the grandstand, vantage, and v-ride. My last concern is comfort. Does the 42" come with a suspension platform? If anyone can provide any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Jville I know we both talked about this. I can tell you since I own a Toro with the turbo force deck that the cut quality of the wright is just as good as the toro. The biggest plus to wright machines IMO is the dependability and how they have very few problems. This mower is going to be my next purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
lol what's up man?

yeah I know we discussed this and I really appreciate your opinion. I was actually just trying to get some other people's thoughts on this because I need more convincing

Florida Gardener
09-17-2011, 10:30 PM
lol what's up man?

yeah I know we discussed this and I really appreciate your opinion. I was actually just trying to get some other people's thoughts on this because I need more convincing

Oh for sure you should. What is your current mower?
Posted via Mobile Device

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Ariens zoom 42". It is a residential grade ztr. It was my first ztr and did well when I was starting out but now business is great and I need a commercial mower. My next mower will be a stand on because I don't want my back taking any abuse from a riding a ztr. I'd like to stay in the 42" range so I can fit through gates still. 42" is as big as I can go and still fit through all my gates. I don't want to go too small though. 36" would be a little small on a few big lawns I do. So my choices are basically wright stander 42" or toro grandstand 40". There aren't any other stand on mowers this size.

Florida Gardener
09-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Ariens zoom 42". It is a residential grade ztr. It was my first ztr and did well when I was starting out but now business is great and I need a commercial mower. My next mower will be a stand on because I don't want my back taking any abuse from a riding a ztr. I'd like to stay in the 42" range so I can fit through gates still. I don't want to go too small though. 36" would be a little small on a few big lawns I do. So my choices are basically wright stander 42" or toro grandstand 40". There aren't any other stand on mowers this size.

Gotchya. I personally like stand on better than a traditional ztr. More compact. Also keep in mind wright has the seasonal buying. From end of October-early December you get 17% off msrp.
Posted via Mobile Device

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:45 PM
To put it in perspective my 42" ariens ztr has 8.5" tires and weighs 440 pounds. The 42" wright stander rh has 8" tires and weighs 720 pounds. My ztr does a pretty good job of not rutting but I'm concerned because a machine that weighs 280 pounds more with narrower tires might

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:46 PM
My ztr at 64" long is actually more compact than most stand on mowers including the wright stander rh 42"

Florida Gardener
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
To put it in perspective my 42" ariens ztr has 8.5" tires and weighs 440 pounds. The 42" wright stander rh has 8" tires and weighs 720 pounds. My ztr does a pretty good job of not rutting but I'm concerned because a machine that weighs 280 pounds more with narrower tires might

Good points. Keep in mind though that on a ztr, you are sitting down so more weight is being put on the mower. With a stand up, less weight is being put on the mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Gotchya. I personally like stand on better than a traditional ztr. More compact. Also keep in mind wright has the seasonal buying. From end of October-early December you get 17% off msrp.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you know the price on the rh 42" after the 17% off?

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Good points. Keep in mind though that on a ztr, you are sitting down so more weight is being put on the mower. With a stand up, less weight is being put on the mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure about that. I weigh the same when I am sitting as I weigh when I am standing

Florida Gardener
09-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Do you know the price on the rh 42" after the 17% off?

If you go with the 18hp it's $65xx. If you go with the 20hp it's $67xx.
Posted via Mobile Device

j-ville native
09-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm less convinced about wright. I got a quote of $6100 for a 40" grandstand

Florida Gardener
09-17-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm less convinced about wright. I got a quote of $6100 for a 40" grandstand

That is cheaper for sure.

Im really not a salesman for Wright. I just know that I own both brands and I have had Zero issues with my Wright and it is 3 years old in Nov. I have talked to 3 different dealers that carry Wright and they all said the same thing, the only issues are belts and small stuff. They said they rarely get them in for major repairs.....that is def. worth it to me.

I guess the best thing to do is demo both and see what you like the best. I do like the fact that the Toro has a 40" deck. Sometimes a 42" won't clear gates.