PDA

View Full Version : Question on Compressor Buy v/ Rent

JayinMI
09-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi all, been a long time since I have been here. It has been a busy year, a former co-worker and I decided to open our own business this year after many issues and unpaid checks from previous employer.

Needless to say we were ALOT busier than we had anticipated. We are in the position to buy a brand new compressor vs renting one. I have worked for companies both who owned, and who rented.

I am curious what everyones opinions are on buying v renting. We are looking at a new compressor that is a 185 CFM which is a chunk of change to us.

Thanks!

mitchgo
09-19-2011, 12:15 AM
After renting 4 of these last season- The fuel savings compared to our old 185 we got was 2 to 3x more . I really like these

http://equipment.forconstructionpros.com/product/10088153/Atlas_Copco_Construction_Equipment_LLC_XAS_185_JD7_HardHat

DanaMac
09-19-2011, 06:28 AM
If your in a position to buy, do it. It gives you a lot more flexibility when calls come in early, and late. I have one day booked up late this week, and maybe 2 days the following week. I'll get a few more calls for this week and next, and I would not rent just yet for this time of year. Good investment for the company. I rented for years, and was thrilled when I finally bought one. Now I own three.

And for residential, you should be able to go smaller than a 185. I pull a 100 myself and it still blows out 3-4 zones if I have a 1/2" hook up to the system.

JayinMI
09-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I think we will buy it.

DanaMac
09-19-2011, 01:27 PM
My first was an IR 185, that I got for about $5k in great condition. Do a little looking at craigslist. That's where I found all 3 of mine. Great buys.