PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Solutions 21" Vs. Dual Hydro

rdharris
09-20-2011, 03:00 PM
So I have the 21" and looking to upgrade to a little more productive unit. My only issue with my 21" is aerating on slopes. Im assuming the Dual hydro can handle hillsides like a walk behind mower? Also how much more productive is the dual vs. the single? It is taking me roughly an hour on small residential homes to complete a double pass. I made 2 extra weights for the rear slots and a half inch steel plate for the front weight which helps with plug depth but makes it a pain to turn. I would estimate 8-15 k lawns. What size lawns are you doing with the dual hydro and do you use the chariot? Any input from someone who has both would be great! Thanks

Clonts Landscaping
09-20-2011, 09:36 PM
They no longer make the dual hydro

RABBITMAN11
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
They no longer make the dual hydro

Jan...
Toro will have them!

rdharris
09-20-2011, 10:25 PM
guess ill keep the 21'' for now. Anyone who already has one have any input?

kennc38
09-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Jan...
Toro will have them!

I wouldn't hold my breath...

lawn king
09-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Jan...
Toro will have them!

Will they? I also wanted to upgrade to the dual hydro. This situation with toro sucks, i just dont know where i stand on attaining parts or new ls/toro aerators!

kennc38
09-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Will they? I also wanted to upgrade to the dual hydro. This situation with toro sucks, i just dont know where i stand on attaining parts or new ls/toro aerators!

I doubt they will since Toro hasn't said a word about their new line of aerators since the buyout announcement back in June (the only information given has been through LS, which hasn't proven to be very reliable). Even if they do, I'm not sure I would want a 1st generation machine and would want all the "bugs' worked out before I bought one.

jfoxtrot9
09-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I doubt they will since Toro hasn't said a word about their new line of aerators since the buyout announcement back in June (the only information given has been through LS, which hasn't proven to be very reliable). Even if they do, I'm not sure I would want a 1st generation machine and would want all the "bugs' worked out before I bought one.

You're assuming that Toro is going to do a complete redesign?

The Dual Hydro is not in it's first generation...

jfoxtrot9
09-21-2011, 10:16 PM

You can still buy parts directly from LS. I have already done so since the buyout. Had a weight delivered in 3 days.

kennc38
09-21-2011, 10:31 PM
You're assuming that Toro is going to do a complete redesign?

The Dual Hydro is not in it's first generation...

Do you know for a fact they're not doing a complete redesign or making significant changes to the original design? Once it's being sold as a Toro product, it will be its first generation.

jfoxtrot9
09-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Do you know for a fact they're not doing a complete redesign or making significant changes to the original design? Once it's being sold as a Toro product, it will be its first generation.

Do you know for a fact that they are?

kennc38
09-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Do you know for a fact that they are?

Never said I did know for a fact, but based on the "information" provided by LS my best guess is that they are making enough changes that would warrant a potential buyer to get some feedback on the first run (first generation) of these machines before purchasing one.