PDA

View Full Version : OK, now 7-0.

Roger
09-21-2011, 07:58 AM
What next?

The first 70 has been good, how can I make the next 70 even better?

j-ville native
09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
by not being a crazy old man that posts nonsense threads that leave out important information. At first I thought you meant that you reached 70 customers, but I guess you just turned 70 years old. congratulations. do you still mow lawns at 70 years old? you need to retire

Maxify
09-21-2011, 08:45 PM
congratulations. do you still mow lawns at 70 years old? you need to retire

Retire to what?

If you retire to the rocking chair or recliner you die in 6 months.
Guaranteed!

I think it was Keith Richards (Rolling Stones) that said:
(Paraphrasing) The older you get the more you want just one more day.

That's all I want....One More Day

agrostis
09-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Happy Birthday Rodger!

weeze
09-21-2011, 11:51 PM
one more day for what? lol...life sucks for the most part...might be cool to get out of here...i'd rather die than spend 15 years suffering not being able to get around and such....i used to want to live to be 100....now that i think about it...not sure if that would be good thing...can't do much of anything once you get about 85...so why spend 15 years in agony, pain, sickness, etc. lol....i guess some of them are lucky but really when you get that old there's always problems...i guess there's always 2 ways to look at anything...glass half full or half empty...you don't have to work a job at 70 though...just work around your own house doing things then you won't die lol...my dad is nearly 70 and he has a garden cuts his own 2 acre yard and so on..chops wood...stays busy.

zak406
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Way to go I wish you 70 more!

ReddensLawnCare
09-22-2011, 10:43 AM
one more day for what? lol...life sucks for the most part...might be cool to get out of here...i'd rather die than spend 15 years suffering not being able to get around and such....i used to want to live to be 100....now that i think about it...not sure if that would be good thing...can't do much of anything once you get about 85...so why spend 15 years in agony, pain, sickness, etc. lol....i guess some of them are lucky but really when you get that old there's always problems...i guess there's always 2 ways to look at anything...glass half full or half empty...you don't have to work a job at 70 though...just work around your own house doing things then you won't die lol...my dad is nearly 70 and he has a garden cuts his own 2 acre yard and so on..chops wood...stays busy.

Wow. You know, I have more stress on me than I thought was possible, and I sure others of you on LS have felt the same way at some point. With everything I got going on right now, and all the stuff I have had to deal with in my past, saying life sucks will never come out of my mouth. I have learned to deal with it a little at a time, but I thank God for everyday that I am given, and Im only 22 and I still look forward to one more day. I get a lot of joy from my life. Life may be hard, but I dont think it sucks,and if it does for you, Im sorry man. I really hope that changes.

White Gardens
09-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Way to go on hitting 70!

Still amazes me today how the life expectancy is about 30 years more than it was in the early 1900's.

There is a guy at a material yard, who works full time in the scale shack. He is in his nineties and started working there when he retired from his other job in his 60's. I could even imagine working for that many years.

weeze
09-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow. You know, I have more stress on me than I thought was possible, and I sure others of you on LS have felt the same way at some point. With everything I got going on right now, and all the stuff I have had to deal with in my past, saying life sucks will never come out of my mouth. I have learned to deal with it a little at a time, but I thank God for everyday that I am given, and Im only 22 and I still look forward to one more day. I get a lot of joy from my life. Life may be hard, but I dont think it sucks,and if it does for you, Im sorry man. I really hope that changes.

when i was 22 i loved life too lol...trust me as you get older it gets even harder......there are good times in life but i'd say 75% of life sucks and 25% of it is fun...would be nice if it was the other way around lol...it's not all bad...alot of it is your mental attitude but it's hard sometimes....i try to stay positive but for some reason it's an ongoing battle.....everyone is different...some people wake up at 4am ready to go and all happy on top of the world like...i'm just not made that way lol....i roll outta bed at 8-9am struggling to get myself motivated each day....i guess we're all just made differently...i wouldn't say i'm sad all the time but if i'm totally honest every single day is a struggle and not a walk in the park...some days are better than others for sure.

NORTHMAN
09-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Happy Birthday Roger.Your a great example to us all that either wants to or has to work into the ages where at one time the word retirement would have been mentioned.Any thoughts on how you manage to do a physically demanding job at 70?

nepatsfan
09-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I think he totally forgot he posted this:laugh: