PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Little Wonder Blower!!

Bill Davis
11-05-2002, 08:17 PM
I finally broke down and bought a Little Wonder today. With all the talk on this site about how great they are I went and tried one and it was a blast. I purchased the 8 hp model. It is a great unit and my dealer gave me a pretty good price. I was wondering if any of you have the buggy made by JRCO. It seems like a steep price but very effective. Any opinions on my purchase or this buggy would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill D.

mdb landscaping
11-05-2002, 08:21 PM
i have a 9 hp little wonder and i love it. you wont be disappointed with your purchase. try www.giant-vac.com they make a blower carrier too.

Bill Davis
11-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Mdb. That looks like a nice buggy also, do you happen to have it and if so has it worked well. Can you jump curbs with one of these buggy's mounted? thanks, Bill D.

mdb landscaping
11-05-2002, 08:31 PM
sorry bill, cant say that i do have the blower buggy. i do have the jrco leaf plow and dethatcher, but havent bought the buggy. i have seen a few guys around using them, but dont have any first hand experience using one. ill ask around and see how they like them.

cantoo
11-05-2002, 08:45 PM
Does anyone make a self propelled blower? I have a n older Little Wonder blower but have never used it other than to play on my own property. I couldn't imagine pushing that thing for long. Most of the properties we do seem to work well with the Walker and a backpack blower. Haven't had time to make a buggy yet and really don't think I would use it either. Why are they not self propelled.

Evan528
11-05-2002, 10:02 PM
If Im not mistaking Billy goat makes a self propelled push blower! I agree that all push blowers should be sef propelled! My 8hp Little wander gives me a dam good workout pulling that thing around on hills!

Barkleymut
11-05-2002, 10:52 PM
I have the 9HP Lil Wonder. I have used it quite a bit the past 4 years. I considered the buggy at first but now I can't see how it would be any more productive unless you are working on very large and very open properties.

Runner
11-05-2002, 10:55 PM
I have the JRCO Blower Buggy and it is one worthwhile investment. What a labor saving device. It is so great having all the air power, yet at your fingertips. It's cool the way it's designed, because the blower controls are right in front of you and easier to reach when you want to slow the air down. To go over curbs, it's no harder than going over with the mower. Just back the mower (in my case, a Lazer ztr) over, and pull the buggy up too. This works especially well if you have hills to work on. The one drawback that it does hve, (which isn't a biggy) is that you want to make sure that your front caster strap is good and tight, or else it will loosen up and come off. The whole thing only takes about 2 minutes to get on the mower, and to get the blower on and strapped down - a little less time to take off. Well worth the effort. I just run my mower at lower rpms (not with the blades engaged) as it doesn't have to have all those r's just to manuever around.

dr grass
11-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Great to see you like you new toy Bill. i to have an 8 horse modle, and i absolutely love it! It works wonders on big leafy sections, and is even better for clearing out a parking lot!

shep :cool:

Bill Davis
11-06-2002, 08:19 AM
I got a chance to use the blower last night on a parking lot at a bank that i take care of. IT WAS GREAT!! pushing that thing around though will wear my butt out though. I am going to look into the buggy's that have been mentioned and see if I can Fabricate one myself. Thanks, Bill D.

John DiMartino
11-06-2002, 08:52 AM
I have the 5hp,8HO,and the 13HO.The 13 is an animal,its almost as powerful as the Steiners PB1 blower attachment.After using the 13,I 'll never buy another smaller push blower.I have the swivel front castor on the 13hp,gotta be careful backing up,it has so much power the blower wants to flip itself over when you pull it backwards it will flip itself,also with the swivel castor you cant let go of the handle,even for a second, unless the castor is locked,it will spin itself around in circles and its hard to grab it,I found out the hard way.Our little wonders are tough,we use them 6 +months of the yr at least,and they get beat up in transport on the golf course.On of my employeed flipped the 13hp oiff the buggy/utlity cart at 17 mph,it snapped the exahust manifold clean of the 13 Honda,i replaced that,straightened out the muffler sheid,and its no worse off,it flipepd at least times. Our 5Hp Little wonder has fell out of the back of the Carryall at least 5 times,its still going strong.

Bill Davis
11-06-2002, 09:18 AM
I looked into the 13hp model but decided that i really didnt need all that much power. The 8hp i have blows parking lots and yards faster than I can walk so i decided the 13 hp one would just be extra weight. I can see why you would want all the power you could get for a golf course. I am glad to hear that they hold up well to abuse. I'm sure I will be easier on it than your employees but Im glad to know that it will hold up from being knocked around. Thanks for the input, Bill D.

ceaman
11-06-2002, 09:22 AM
Mtd used to make a 5 hp self propelled vaccum that converted to a blower. I havent been able to locate a new one. I rented one last year.

Bill Davis
11-06-2002, 09:24 AM
After using my new blower i would think that 5 hp would be to little power. I guess you cant find one b/c there isn't much demand for them. Hope you find what your looking for though.

John DiMartino
11-06-2002, 09:30 AM
y 5hp is strickly a backup now too,and we use it to sweep out the shop:D . Its also handy for cleaning the deck/porches,its easy to pull up the steps.We never use it on the course anymoe,used ti for 6 yrs thoiugh,to clean greens off, after getting the 13, i was kicking myself for not pushing harder for it sooner,saves me about 4 man hrs a week in the fall.

Bill Davis
11-06-2002, 09:32 AM
what would you say the 5 hp one weighs. I think mine weighs about 55 pounds but i could be wrong.

John DiMartino
11-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Id say mine weighs every bit of 60 lbs,it seems to be built more rugged than the newer ones,it isnt the HO one. I forgot to mention that since its like 9 yrs old,and has about 2000 hrs on the original 5hp briggs, i also use it for Mosquito fogging once it warms up all the way,it will lightly fog those mosquitos:D

Tvov
11-06-2002, 09:49 AM
We've had a Little Wonder 8hp HO for about 4 years now. It works great, but it is so HEAVY. We really only use it on the larger lawns. Backpack blowers have become so powerful, we end up using backpacks for most of our lawns.

The biggest reason that it is so heavy is that the impellor and housing are made out of heavy gauge steel. The reason for this is that they offer a vacuum attachment for the blower, so the housing has to be heavy duty. I personally don't know, and have never seen, any pros using the vac attachment (for that matter, I have never seen or heard of anyone using the vac attachment). I told my dealer to tell Little Wonder to make a "pro" model out of lighter weight materials, with no vac attachment. Maybe they will if enough people tell them to!

Bill Davis
11-06-2002, 11:19 AM
the vac attachment does look a waste of time for us commercial landscapers. I was wondering what the handle on the side of the machine was for and I guess that is why. I do like the heavy construction of it b/c im not too afraid it will break when getting knocked around on the trailer.

Runner
11-06-2002, 12:39 PM
The vac attachment works great for several applications, but it is no longer made or available for the Little Wonder blowers.