PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from Oviedo?

hoopzers3
09-21-2011, 09:25 PM
If you are from oviedo you probably have heard of oviedo mower... Its a scag dealership. I was just wondering how much there 48in scag freedom z is. And do they sell many used scags?

rob7233
09-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Why don't you call them @ 407-365-5357 and ask for Big Jim or Jimmy the son.

Can't help you with prices or used equipment availability. I live in Oviedo and the above is what I'd have to do. Good Luck.

hoopzers3
09-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Why don't you call them @ 407-365-5357 and ask for Big Jim or Jimmy the son.

Can't help you with prices or used equipment availability. I live in Oviedo and the above is what I'd have to do. Good Luck.

Thanks rob have you bought from them?

rob7233
09-21-2011, 10:20 PM
I have only been in the shop to buy parts/supplies but never a mower. However, they do have plenty of happy and loyal customers though.

rob7233
09-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Where do actually live and what might be your concern with them?

unkownfl
09-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Scag parts are expensive over here in Winter Garden, and dealers think their crap doesn't stink. I sold my w/b when they wanted 140 dollars a piece for drive belts from rotary not even OEM. Went into the same dealer to buy a new mower before the belt issue and they didn't even want to show me a mower seemed like the girls behind the counter didn't care to get up. Hope the mower shop in Oviedo is good.

hoopzers3
09-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Where do actually live and what might be your concern with them?

I live like 2 miles away from oviedo mower on 434. I was just trying to compare there prices to other places like robinson outdoors. Also I see alot of used scag mowers in the front of the shop all the time and i was wondering if those are oviedo mowers or just landscaping people mowers. Silly question but just wondering

rob7233
09-21-2011, 11:53 PM
The only crappy thing that I heard that they did was, - like you bring a trimmer in for a repair estimate for carb issues and they replace the carb without telling you what it'll cost first, then hold your equipment hostage for the repair amount.

Then the LCO's tell them to screw it and tell them to keep the already repaired equipment.

Honestly, I've seen a big change in attitude with them over the last several years so I don't think that happens anymore. Actually, I'm not sure it ever did.

Personally for Scag or Echo, I'd go to Kershaw's Mower in Altamonte Springs. Good people and much more likely to get a better price than Oviedo Mower. They might not have all the stock on hand as OM but they seem to be very reasonable on all pricing. Also, IMHO Greg over @ Kershaw's, has got to be the most knowledgeable guy in metro Orlando !! He's always very willing to answer questions and give help.

Below is the contact info..

1460 E Altamonte Dr # A
Altamonte Spgs, FL 32701-5046
(407) 339-3400

Jerbs
09-22-2011, 01:04 AM
I have bought 3 Scag mowers from Oviedo Mower over the years when I use to buy Scag equipment. OM has treated me very well and has always gone out of their way to help me out. Last year when one of my workers flipped a mower into a pond Jimmy let me borrow a brand spankin new tiger cat for a few days till they were done with mine. I have never had a problem with them replacing or fixing stuff without telling me the price first.

Their prices for parts do seem a tad high at times but at least they always have OEM parts instock. Another mower shop that I go to sells rotary stuff for OEM prices...kind of ticks me off but oh well.

Most of the mowers out infront of OM are LCO's equipment for repair. They do sell used stuff from time to time though.

Jon

Landscape Poet
09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
I live in oviedo and am not a big fan of oviedo mower. I tried doing business with them but their cost were too high. Add to that that service leaves a lot to be desired imo and you have a lot of concerns. The bigger companies seem to use them, and that would also be my concern, who do you think get top priiority, you who buys one or two mowers or the large outfits doing fleets every two years. I do like older jimmy better than young jimmy.
Posted via Mobile Device

rob7233
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I have bought 3 Scag mowers from Oviedo Mower over the years when I use to buy Scag equipment. OM has treated me very well and has always gone out of their way to help me out. Last year when one of my workers flipped a mower into a pond Jimmy let me borrow a brand spankin new tiger cat for a few days till they were done with mine. I have never had a problem with them replacing or fixing stuff without telling me the price first.

Their prices for parts do seem a tad high at times but at least they always have OEM parts instock. Another mower shop that I go to sells rotary stuff for OEM prices...kind of ticks me off but oh well.

Most of the mowers out infront of OM are LCO's equipment for repair. They do sell used stuff from time to time though.

Jon

Like I said - I'm NOT sure any of these stories about Oviedo Mower are true and I do know they have a lot of loyal and happy customers. However, their overall prices are higher and their knowledge outside their product line is very limited in my experience. I still prefer Kershaw's and will still recommend them.

Eric E
09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I dealt with them for about a year and a half. Never mowers but saws, blowers, power pruners, both sales and service. Never had any real problems.

As for Scag parts, I have an old Scag WB, I am shocked at part prices. $98 for a drive belt, wtf? I bougth 2 aftermarket ones for less than the cost of 1 scag belt.