PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not, this is actually getting me some business!

corey4671
09-21-2011, 10:52 PM
So Monday it was raining and I decided to try something. I made a video for my aeration service. I posted it to youtube as well as on my website and my Facebook page for my business. Today ( Wednesday) I had three calls that said they've seen the video! Crazy!

http://youtu.be/iHVoL6S3xc4

I'm thinking about doing one for leaf removal once the leaves start falling.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
09-22-2011, 12:31 AM
nice video! wish it really could be done that fast lol

grassyfras
09-22-2011, 12:33 AM
That's cool. Way to think outside of the box.

USA Lawn Care
09-22-2011, 12:42 AM
great job with the video......and thanks for the great idea.

Darryl G
09-22-2011, 12:46 AM
I delete personal friends who try to pedal their business stuff on Facebook. No warning, no goodbye...deleted! I'm glad you put it on your business page and that it's working for you.

lawnkingforever
09-22-2011, 07:32 AM
I delete personal friends who try to pedal their business stuff on Facebook. No warning, no goodbye...deleted! I'm glad you put it on your business page and that it's working for you.

All this social media is relationship overload. I am ready to delete my Facebook account. I don't know how people have time to go on there all the time. Between running my business and spending time with my family my spare time is much too important for that garbage.
Posted via Mobile Device

corey4671
09-22-2011, 07:51 AM
All this social media is relationship overload. I am ready to delete my Facebook account. I don't know how people have time to go on there all the time. Between running my business and spending time with my family my spare time is much too important for that garbage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Like it or not, it is rapidly becoming the most efficient way to get the word out about your business. I'm just simply using the resources that available to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
09-22-2011, 08:22 AM
I think you're right; lots of companies have facebook accounts now. Reminds me of an old shampoo commerical where they say "we told two friends" and they say "and we told two friends", etc. Your exposure can rapidly multiply with all of the links between friends.

There's even a song about it now...this guy is a friend of mine (in real life, not on facebook, lol). He's actor Art Carney's grandson BTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsaA9t4fav4

vencops
09-22-2011, 08:29 AM
That's a great video. I wish you luck with it.

Glenn Lawn Care
09-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I have that same aerator, how much did the velkie cost you if you don't mind me asking?

GMLC
09-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Nice work and great ideas. Network, network, network. And its free!!
Posted via Mobile Device

corey4671
09-22-2011, 05:38 PM
I have that same aerator, how much did the velkie cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I bought it last fall as part of package with the aerator and the ls-22 seeder. With the promotion last fall I got the sulky for $288

grassman177
09-22-2011, 09:56 PM
sweet vid dude. i did not think a sulky would work with a guy as big as me, but it worked for you so...... either way, pretty funny to withthe music from bennie hill

Lawn Pawn
09-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Two thumbs up !!

Very well done... nothing ventured nothing gained.

JDiepstra
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Nice video. Does everyone in your area have an accent that adds an entire syllable to the work aerate? I like how accents are so different throughout the country.

hammmerhead
09-23-2011, 01:39 PM
I like your website, not too cluttered up like most and the video's posted are excellent!

bel-nor
09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
This the best home video I've seen you did a great job. You narrated the video just right. What brand machine was that. Hell there are salesmen that can not do that well.

Fordsuvparts
09-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Nice video, well done. It's short, sweet, and informative. I Hope it helps you pick up new customers.

Darryl G
09-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree that the video was well done...you might have put on a nicer shirt but no biggie I guess.

corey4671
09-23-2011, 06:05 PM
thanks for all the positive comments guys.

The shirt I was wearing was just one of my uniform t shirts I wear everyday. Wearing one right now as a matter of fact..LOL...

What accent? I talk normal HAHAHAHA!!!

The machine is a Turfco TurnAer 6. Are you saying I'm some kind of lardarse? HEHEHE....It does tend to bog down if the ground is uneven or in thick clay pulling me around but heck I'm around 6'1" and 235.

The entire thing was just seat of my pants. I just started talking to the camera like I would talk to someone in a conversation. I've been giving some thought to making a video that would be the first thing you see when you come to my website that would be me introducing myself and describing my services. It's definitely something I'll do more of in the future.

I had public speaking classes in high school and I've always just had a gift of gab. I've dabbled with selling advertising for a newspaper so I've had experience in being able to approach folks. It's something to consider guys. I'm still getting calls from folks everyday that are going to my site and watching the video. It's all about being different and doing something outside the box to capture the attention of potential customers.

8rickyj
09-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Facebook is what I used to get my company started. My chamber of commerce even has a has a Facebook page. I find there is no better way to spread the word and its FREE. I find the time because my customers find the time to be on FB. I cant be evrywhere at once to network because I too have to run my business and family. In this day and age people put down the phone book and turn on the computer. The not so computer savy can find me in the local paper. My advertizing expenses are low. 75% of my work came from people finding me online. If you look up my company or google lawn service Oswego Illinois, you will see the internet presence I have that cost me nothing. If you have time to read this, you have time for FB.

corey4671
10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
It's crazy how many people have called me for aeration this year based on this video alone. Just this week I did an aeration and overseeding for Dave Ramsey's director of guest relations and she said one of the main reasons for calling me was the video when she visited my webpage. I'm looking to do a video for leaf cleanup just as soon as I get enough leaf coverage on my own lawn.

grassman177
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
nice landing of that job. i am not sure i need a video to sell, but like said, whatever works. it is a pretty fun video.

lawnpropm
10-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Nice video man! Gave me a few ideas....hmmm its free, you gained some customers, and Im willing to bet word of mouth has driven more folks to your site, its free, and its free. Two thumbs up for being innovative and sharing!
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
10-12-2011, 12:01 PM
i dont' understand the facebook thing...if they are your friends they should already know you do lawn care to begin with....most of my facebook friends don't even live in my same town anyways...they are from high school or my past and i moved since then...i really hate facebook to be honest....it's just stupid....it's just like a gossip forum or a place to post pics and brag about how good your life is when in reality your life sucks just as bad as everyone elses lmao...if i put anything on facebook the people that saw it would be the people that already know about my business...or is there some kind of buisness section of facebook or something?

corey4671
10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I have a page exclusively for my business. It even comes up in Google searches.
Posted via Mobile Device

corey4671
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
To me, advertising now days is all about being different and unique. Customers have a short attention span. You have to do something that sets you apart from the rest of the herd.I just felt like something like this would grab people's attention and I was right. Like was said, people will tell others , hey have you seen this guys webpage? I actually had a customer tell his neighbor about my page while I was talking with him
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
yeah i'm on google search but i haven't gotten one call from it...doesn't work in a small town i guess.

A.T.G LAWN CARE
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
i have a question do i buy a 52in snapper pro for $7000 or an exmark lazer e series for $8300 im also going to get a 36in exmark metro with bag and sulky. im 16 so im not doing to bad i want to buy the zero turn then finance the 36 in the spring

JimmyTheGlove
10-13-2011, 12:48 PM
That is awesome, good for you! You know YouTube is owned by Google, right? So when people search for anything via Google, they are likely to be shown YouTube stuff. So that's an excellent marketing strategy for any business.

You probably hate social networks but they are a great way to market yourself as well. Post that video and links to that video everywhere you can, just like you did in your forum post and you'll be surprised at how many people view it.

jsslawncare
10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice video. Does everyone in your area have an accent that adds an entire syllable to the work aerate? I like how accents are so different throughout the country.

My wife is from Westland,MI and I love to up there and make fun of them. Don't worry they make fun of me too.

jsslawncare
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Almost forgot, My Ryan aerator want run that fast. what did you do to it? hahaha

JimmyTheGlove
10-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Like it or not, it is rapidly becoming the most efficient way to get the word out about your business. I'm just simply using the resources that available to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're exactly right! As stupid and "a waste of time" it may seem, an intelligent business owner will learn to use these resources as part of their market strategy.

Your post says even more with the "Posted via Mobile Device" statement at the end there.
More and more people are getting information from their phones. They put all of their trust in what Google tells them. They Google "best landscaper in [area]" and the first name on Google's list is who they call.

Just goes to show how important it is to have a website and that it is accessible via mobile devices.

~The Lawn Ranger~
10-14-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm guessing around $175 used. To OP, great song! It fit perfectly in the fast forward.

jwsland
10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Good job on the video! I hope you get more calls! :clapping::clapping:

FullBlast
10-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I like that video, did a great job on it. Wish I knew how to make that good of a video!!

easy-lift guy
10-15-2011, 03:56 AM
It's called advertising, it's supposed to work that's why.
easy-lift guy

FullBlast
10-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Yea is supose to but...we have all paid more money than that for some form of advertising that didn't work!!

Love when it does$$$

corey4671
10-15-2011, 08:53 AM
I like that video, did a great job on it. Wish I knew how to make that good of a video!!

it's really not that hard. pretty basic digital camcorder. cheap wireless mic off of ebay and basic windows movie maker software. just play around with it and it's pretty easy to catch on to. I produce a 30 minute tv program for our small church every week plus record and post all of our city council meetings online. Only thing this cost me was the couple of hours required to record, edit and produce. It was raining that day so nothing really lost.

bobcat48
10-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Nice video,keep up the good work.

rflawnman
10-15-2011, 02:23 PM
all I want to know is....how do I get a sulky on my aerator