PDA

View Full Version : Walker walk behind??

nlminc
11-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Has anyone bought one of these yet? Not even sure if they are available. Just looking for feedback on its performance etc...

greenman
11-05-2002, 09:34 PM
I think they will be out in the market in the spring.

Scotlawncare
11-05-2002, 10:12 PM
I checked one out at Louisville Expo and it was not worth it. it to me looked like a unit just thrown together with wierd controls. Walker makes a good out front deck mower. they need to stick to that and let exmark, toro, and the others build the walkbehinds.

Scot

IBGreen
11-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Never seen one in person but they do look like they're set up funky.

captdevo
11-05-2002, 10:50 PM
let me tell ya about Walker!!!!

Bob Walker quote!!!! "it's not a Walker...till it's a Walker!!!"

they make nothing halfass!!!

look at their equipment, QUALITY............ look at their track record!

till ya run one, ya can't give your opinion!!!

they'll be out soon!!! let's see!!!

http://www.walkermowers.com/New/WalkBehindPress.jpg

mowngrow
11-06-2002, 12:38 AM
they do look somewhat strange, but the decks are interchangable with the side discharge decks that you may have w/ your sitdown unit. like capt. devo said walker does build QUALITY!!!! hope to demo one if my dealer gets one in

Currier
11-06-2002, 12:50 AM
I agree with captdevo. This is not the first "throw together" for Walker. This machine has been in the work for a while.

Why leave it to the big boys when you can do better? Do you back out when a national competes against you? No way! you jump in and show what personal quality means. Walker does their homework. their quality shows through....check out the perfaerator. A bunch of guys around here are waitng to buy...trying to see if there is a market...My message "absolutely no way! this is an overpriced machine that won't do the job"

Mine will be here in february and I plan to make a lot of $$$ before the others figure it out!

Walker is not a huge company, just the best for some of our applications!.

65hoss
11-06-2002, 02:14 AM
Kinda reminds me of the old gravely w/b tractor units. They just need a bushhog and tiller attachment to go with it.:D

I drove it around at Louisville also. It was an interesting machine. I do remember the controls were very touchy. It would take some getting used to.

I don't understand why they want to make a w/b though?? They can't be that much cheaper than the rider and anyplace their w/b would go so would their 42" rider. Same deck. So it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

greenman
11-06-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by 65hoss

I don't understand why they want to make a w/b though?? They can't be that much cheaper than the rider and anyplace their w/b would go so would their 42" rider. Same deck. So it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe for hills:rolleyes:

It was made so that Mr.Walker can put more jingle in his hand warmers.

JohnstownMower
11-08-2002, 01:30 AM
I went to the Walker Factory Day today and got to demo one of two of these machines that they have made. I have never before used a walk-behind, but it seemed to be a very good design. (Tilt-up deck, easy engine maintenance) They are working on a sulky for it. No one I talked to was sure on what these will retail for, but they said that they will be available for Spring 2003.

Green Pastures
11-08-2002, 01:39 AM
I don't like pistol grips.

BigJim
11-08-2002, 03:48 AM
Yep needs a seat on it.