PDA

View Full Version : Tried doubles on 36" metro, To much dirt in the air!

ranger520
11-06-2002, 05:31 PM
I tried running doubles today on my 36" metro. The combo was stocks on the bottom w/ Gators on top. The cut was awsome and it packed my accelerator bagger full but to much dirt in the air to be healthy. I switched back to single gators with 2 spacers and much better. The doubles on this machine are impossible to run without a blowout baffle. It leaves a cyclone of leaves in front of the machine.

Any comments fell free to add.

scott

ULTIMATE LAWN
11-06-2002, 05:53 PM
You need to fabricate a baffle around the deck. I had the same problem, when I first tried doubles on my Exmark Walk. With a metal or rubber baffle the problem is eliminated.

Single gators are sufficient for most leaves but if the leaves are heavy the double gators will work much better with a proper baffle.

I will post a pic of the one I made for all my Walks & riders when I have time.

ranger520
11-06-2002, 06:00 PM
If I had a pic I could fab something right quick. Boy if you could do that asap you would be a gift from heaven.

ULTIMATE LAWN
11-06-2002, 06:08 PM
If you need something quick. Just go buy some rubber baseboard material, run it around the outside of the deck so it hangs about 1" off the ground & attach with metal screws.

I read this somewher else & tried it on one of my mowers without the metal baffle & it works great.

The rubber will get ruined but it is easy & inexpensive to replace.

I will try & post a pic of my metal baffle when I have time.

ranger520
11-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Thanks
scott

TLS
11-06-2002, 07:42 PM
With a METRO, you have an AUTOMATIC Anti-Blowout Baffle. Just keep taking spacers from below the spindle housing, and put them on top. This will raise the blade in the deck and do WAY more than an additional 1/2" lower Anti-Blowout Baffle.

Its the floating deck guys and Lazer guys that the baffle come in real handy. Anybody with a through bolted (Metro, SCAG, Etc) spindle bolt design can simply re-adjust spacers. Us single bolt, no spacer guys are out of luck!