PDA

View Full Version : Trying to help someone out

outdoor
09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I have a neighbor that hepls me out every once and a while with my lawncare he has a few accounts of his own that he does.I have known the young man for a long time.He is looking to put his equipment to work two days a week after he is done with his own accounts. I have a pretty big account that takes exactly two 10 hr days to do lots of edging.He has done plenty of work for me in the past and i have never had to go behind him.The question i have he is gonna use all of his equipment and fuel and doing it solo like i do.He has done the account befor and it would give me some extra time to tweak a few extra things on some accounts.And i really want to treat him right he wants to be paid by the hour what you guys think i should throw at him?:usflag:

Darryl G
09-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Whats its worth to you!

outdoor
09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
i figured i would it least give him 35 hr

JDiepstra
09-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Is he insured and are you gonna w-9 him or whatever sort of tax codes apply to your area? Its hard to say how much to pay him without knowing more details.

jsslawncare
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Throw a rock at him.

outdoor
09-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Is he insured and are you gonna w-9 him or whatever sort of tax codes apply to your area? Its hard to say how much to pay him without knowing more details.

Yes he is insured and i will have to w9 him

outdoor
09-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Throw a rock at him.

A big one or small one? or a boulder:hammerhead:

larryinalabama
09-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Treat him like a illegal and pay him in cash

32vld
09-28-2011, 07:35 AM
I have a neighbor that hepls me out every once and a while with my lawncare he has a few accounts of his own that he does.I have known the young man for a long time.He is looking to put his equipment to work two days a week after he is done with his own accounts. I have a pretty big account that takes exactly two 10 hr days to do lots of edging.He has done plenty of work for me in the past and i have never had to go behind him.The question i have he is gonna use all of his equipment and fuel and doing it solo like i do.He has done the account befor and it would give me some extra time to tweak a few extra things on some accounts.And i really want to treat him right he wants to be paid by the hour what you guys think i should throw at him?:usflag:

The information you gave us is useless to even take a guess. How about some facts?

What does it cost you and hour to work this job?

What are you charging the customer per hour for this job?

What have you paid him in the past to do this job (I assume he was an employee and using your equipment)?

land_scaper70
09-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Read all the other threads on what happened when someone tried to help out a neighbor and or friend. Keep friend / neighbors separate from business. It is your business name that he can screw or lose the account altogether. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

JDiepstra
09-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Id ballpark giving him 80% of what it pays.

cut level
09-30-2011, 10:40 AM
I have done the same thing before, good life long friend of mine he had a few yards he maintained on the side and had the proper commercial equipment to do the job efficiently and make it look right. Drove his truck and his fuel i paid him $25.00 per hour but that is here in rural west tenn.

One example,, i have a cemetery it takes 2 60 inch mowers 2 hours 15 minutes to mow it blow stones off and drive. It pays me 250 so I'm still netting 150 bucks for 2 hours work and that accounts for my fuel, insurance, everything.
Posted via Mobile Device