PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Strike

windmillservices
09-27-2011, 09:21 PM
20 Zone system struck by lighting. It is not going to be fun trying to fix this one.

Wet_Boots
09-27-2011, 09:45 PM
with the ICC on the way out, you get to sell an upgrade

greenmonster304
09-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Probably deserved it with those thermostat control wires.
Posted via Mobile Device

SPEEDSKI
09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
I-Core is a nice unit! We have done conventional and the DUAL....so far, so good. Cool controller.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-28-2011, 01:04 AM
At least it had a pigtail. Pete should be overjoyed by that!

newz7151
09-28-2011, 01:29 AM
20 Zone system struck by lighting. It is not going to be fun trying to fix this one.

If making money isn't fun to you, you're just too rich already.

mitchgo
09-28-2011, 03:15 AM
If making money isn't fun to you, you're just too rich already.

most jobs out there aren't considered fun... It's called work son! Do what you gotta do!

koster_irrigation
09-28-2011, 07:18 AM
did you get to ohm out any of the solenoids? looks like theres going to be some wire tracing to do! have fun...

jvanvliet
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Hope you know where the valves are, you are going to be tracking wire & replacing solenoids.

DanaMac
09-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I had one earlier this summer at a church. Pro-C faceplate and cover blown off the cabinet as seen in the photo. I had only blown out this system last fall, no other work to it, so i didn't know what I was getting into. Some wires were fried going to the first junction at the first valve in the main line. two solenoids were toast. But look at the photos with the wiring. Multi strand laying on top of the ground in areas, and going into the boxes from THE TOP, and being damaged by the lids. I had no idea where the valves were, but the 521 work perfect as usual. Found all valves AND drain valves. Over $2000 later the system is back up and running, but the rest of the system is crap - bad design, bad layout, mismatched nozzles in the PGPs, poor spacing. I did go back after I was done and put the wire on the wall in conduit.

AI Inc
09-29-2011, 07:52 AM
I didnt replace even 1 clock due to lightening this season.Sucked.

DanaMac
09-29-2011, 09:18 AM
I didnt replace even 1 clock due to lightening this season.Sucked.

We only replaced ONE Febco RP due to freezing, so now I have 5 left over. We usually do 6-10 each year. Grrrrrr......

greenmonster304
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I had one earlier this summer at a church. Pro-C faceplate and cover blown off the cabinet as seen in the photo. I had only blown out this system last fall, no other work to it, so i didn't know what I was getting into. Some wires were fried going to the first junction at the first valve in the main line. two solenoids were toast. But look at the photos with the wiring. Multi strand laying on top of the ground in areas, and going into the boxes from THE TOP, and being damaged by the lids. I had no idea where the valves were, but the 521 work perfect as usual. Found all valves AND drain valves. Over $2000 later the system is back up and running, but the rest of the system is crap - bad design, bad layout, mismatched nozzles in the PGPs, poor spacing. I did go back after I was done and put the wire on the wall in conduit.

Nice pipe support
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Nice pipe support
Posted via Mobile Device

Not my work, but pretty classy I think. I have a feeling there used to be a PVB there, and that was how they changed it over.
Posted via Mobile Device

windmillservices
10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
I almost have it fixed only 3n zones out of 17 zones not working time to start locating bad wires. Replaced 6 valves.