PDA

View Full Version : ChristmasLightLeads.com

GreenI.A.
09-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, what do any of you guys know about this advertiser on here ChristmasLightLeads.com? Have they been around for a while or are they new? The site is new and says coming October 2011, which makes them look new but they have a customer testimonial on the site so I'm not to sure what to think. There is no information on the enrollment fee only the $15/$25 per lead cost. They do say that there is a 100% refund of the enrollment fee with 30 days if not satisfied.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Christmas Light Leads
09-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Green Industry Associates -
Thanks for asking about Christmas Light Leads. I'm the founder of this site and wanted to be as transparent as possible about this new service.

5 years ago I started helping local holiday lighting companies in Texas (mainly landscapers, roofers, irrigators and the like) obtain clients looking for local holiday lighting installers (my specialty is online marketing).

I realized there were a ton of 'marketing' or 'lead generation' companies promising the moon only to cause frustration and things getting expensive quickly (I won't get started on Service Magic).

So I decided to focus on a niche, holiday lighting, to match holiday lighting companies get leads. The $15 per residential and $25 per commercial lead I think is a fair and inexpensive marketing cost per acquisition - say you close one 1 out of 4 (modest closing rate, most of our installers in years past was around 30-50%), the out-of-pocket is $60-$100. Often times these leads turn out to be well over $1,000 (varies across the country, average installation in Texas was $1100).

Also, the 'coming soon' page is our pre-launch. The full site will be in operation in October 2011. The testimony is a real one from the previous company I owned in Texas, and I'll be happy to put you in touch with Mr. Daly who can share his experience with you.

So to sum it up, I'm an online marketing nerd trying to find "a better way" to connect holiday lighting companies to clients needing those types of services (as you know, timing is everything in this industry)... and this is our first year to launch Christmas Light Leads, so I would love your feedback, suggestions (whether good or bad).

We have some cool functionality built in where you set a weekly budget so you don't overspend, online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to keep track of all your leads/customers/estimates and even export them to a spreadsheet.

Oh, and the enrollment fee is normally $99 before 10/31 and $199 after 10/31, plus we take time to verify insurance coverage. However, those who sign up on our waiting list through September 2011 we waive the enrollment fee, so no cost to get started (and we throw in the first lead for free so you can get the hang of things).

Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

GreenI.A.
09-28-2011, 01:21 AM
How does it work if another contractor is also signed up in the same cities/towns I service?

Christmas Light Leads
09-28-2011, 01:32 AM
So you get to pick and choose your zip codes in your service territory and yes, you will eventually have competition (of course, those who are early adopters will have less competition). But you're totally right: there may be others who choose the same zip codes as you.

As a service to the homeowners (or businesses) looking for local lighting companies, we ask upfront how many estimates they'd like to get. They typically will want 2-3 estimates to make sure they're getting a fair/reasonable price.

So if they ask for only 2 estimates, we only send the lead to 2 holiday lighting companies, so your odds are obviously 50/50 at that point, maybe better if the other guy fails to respond in a timely manner (which does happen quite often).

So even if we had say 10 companies in your area all signed up (extreme example), and the customer only asks for 2 estimates - then we only send that lead to 2 holiday lighting companies (those two are based off a random algorithm, we do not give preferential treatment to any one company). Again, this keeps your odds of closing the deal within reason.

Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

GreenI.A.
09-28-2011, 01:41 AM
sounds good, right now I do not see a reason not to give it a try this year. I look forward to giving you guys try this year.

David Gretzmier
09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I hope it works out. I know that service magic has done well for us in lead generation. many people do not like it, but my experience is about 75% of the leads that come from service magic at least buy from someone. I drive by all the bids I do not get to see. I close anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 of the leads I get from service magic.

So it has value for me. But I wish they would be more discriminating who they list on their site as a contractor. They do make sure my liability insurance is up to date, but they need to include workman's comp. Also, In my state You are required to have a contractors liscense to do any job for anyone over $2000 as of this year. You have to pass a test, pay a fee, etc, and I wish they would check for that as well. Having 3 customers as 3 legit references would also help weed out the contractor herd as well. Photo's of work, website links, etc. all these things help consumers make better decisions and eliminate contractors who are not really in this as a business.

The whole idea for lead generating sites is to provide a service to both contractor and homeowner, and in service magic's case the idea seems more about lead generation fees trumps vetting the contractors as good installers.

All these things would add value to the homeowner side as well, since they are thinking that using a referral site gets them a good contractor.

Since there is a sign up fee, it would seem that the site is getting compensated for setting up a new contractor, so would it be possible to include some of these items to bring more value to the service? It would be a way to make it a more valuable service than service magic.

Christmas Light Leads
09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks David,
I agree with all your points, and good to know that other states have stricter controls on the holiday lighting industry once the size of job meets a certain threshold.

And you're very correct about providing the homeowner a reliable service where they can get a reputable contractor - it's a win all the way around (similar to Angie's List concept, but where homeowner is not paying a fee to have access to a reputable contractor).

The intent of CLL is not to sign up every Tom, Dick, and Hairy. We are selective on who we partner with and try to reduce (or prevent altogether) the number of shady contractors from signing up (I've dealt enough with less-than-honest contractors). This makes things smoother for both the homeowner, us, and the reputable contractors who are bonded, insured, and take pride in what they do (it's expensive to handle customer complaint calls!).

Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

GreenI.A.
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Dave makes a great point, it would be nice if the site could set standards to allow professional companies while keeping out every Tom Dick and Harry with a ladder and a case of walmart lights.

Christmas Light Leads - I know you said you confirm insurance, how far do you guys check? Do you just accept insurance paperwork? do you confirm with the carrier that the policy is active and covers holiday lighting? This alone should cut out alot of the riff-raff.

Dave one thing I do is every customer I meet with gets a tri-fold I had printed up, it basically goes over our services offered but a majority of it explains the importance of insurance and the legality issues the property owner could face for hiring a contractor without it. It walks the customer through how to check that the company in registered with the state, carries the proper insurance, and how to check for proper licensing as well. I also made sure to include sites that have court cases in which homeowners lost big $$$$ due to law suits from injured contractors or damage caused by contractors. It really catches the property owners attention and since I started handing them out I have been closing alot more contracts, I still lose to many but at least I'm losing them to legit companies.

Christmas Light Leads
09-28-2011, 11:11 AM
@ GreenIndustry - yes, we verify they possess an active general liability policy and request they email/fax a copy of their insurance certificate. We haven't gone as far to ensure it covers 'holiday lighting', but that's a good idea which I'll take that down as an action item... If I recall, the proper endorsement for that is "electrical apparatus" - can you verify what the exact insurance endorsement requirement would be to cover seasonal lighting (outdoor and indoor)? I think this also gives us a better opportunity to educate those who are running legit lighting businesses but aren't aware of the necessary coverages.

Thanks,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

TimNNJ
09-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Cool..so far my leads have come from Service magic...4 I think so far..2 have yet to call back..2 have proposals...

turf hokie
09-29-2011, 08:04 AM
@ GreenIndustry - yes, we verify they possess an active general liability policy and request they email/fax a copy of their insurance certificate. We haven't gone as far to ensure it covers 'holiday lighting', but that's a good idea which I'll take that down as an action item... If I recall, the proper endorsement for that is "electrical apparatus" - can you verify what the exact insurance endorsement requirement would be to cover seasonal lighting (outdoor and indoor)? I think this also gives us a better opportunity to educate those who are running legit lighting businesses but aren't aware of the necessary coverages.

Thanks,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

Yes, that is the correct endorsement "electrical apparatus".
I have not used service magic due to the mixed results I have heard from them regarding the christmas decorating, but you have my interest and I may give your service a try.

Bryan

addictedtolandscaping
09-29-2011, 07:15 PM
I am with you Bryan. I have not got a good word to say about service magic, over the year more headache than profit, for the reasons Dave mentioned.

I did sign up on the waiting list, very interested in seeing what this has to offer.

On another note, got a call from the city I do the big project I have in, meeting with them next Thursday to discuss their budget and what we can do for them this year. You were absolutely right, now I gotta hold on. Can;t imagine what next year is gonna be when I am getting hits already. haven't advertised at all yet!!

TimNNJ
09-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Booked my first new job today from a mowing/ landscape customer. I may look into this as well
Posted via Mobile Device

Christmas Light Leads
09-29-2011, 08:11 PM
@Addicted:
I won't bash the competition, but I agree, it's easy to dig up mixed reviews on Service Magic on the Internet.

So yeah, I'm very excited about this holiday season. While I have helped other landscapers grow their seasonal lighting business via similar models, this is our very first season to launch the nationwide Christmas Light Leads site - so while it'll be a learning experience, I'm ready to help the holiday lighting industry get connected to better, more relevant leads.

Some companies' business models are purely commercial - so when you sign up, you'll have the option to get residential, commercial, or both.

We just finished our video that gives an overview of how the service works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzlE_UnN1QI

I am getting a lot of interest brewing around the country and I'm very open to constructive feedback on making this service a "win" all the way around (there is a red feedback button on the site where you can chime in -in addition to the customer support folks monitoring this, I personally read each and every one).

I appreciate all the "early adopters" here on Lawn Site ready to give this new service a try - we'll grow this together and I will be happy to share the product road map with you as we progress. My goal is to provide holiday lighting companies the most convenient way to keep their crews busy around the clock without it costing an arm and a leg.

Best of luck this holiday season to you all,
Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

addictedtolandscaping
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Tory it is really sounding great so far, I am looking forward to it.

Dennis

David Gretzmier
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I am interested in it, but I feel that to differentiate yourself from other lead generating sites, I like the idea of setting standards for what contractors are on there. I think liability, workmans comp, and 3 ref. from clients should be a minimum to get listed.

we do provide a nice presentation folder with a 3 tab cut flyer on the left and proposal on the right with business card in slit, and all are full color front and back. This year I am adding a 4th tab to the cut flyer basically comparing us to our competition. many times husbands hold the 2 or 3 bids in their hands and just see the numbers. I want them to understand what they are getting into with my competition.

some folks have insurance to mow or do landscape services on the ground. Our insurance is the same as master electricians that get on the roof. we are specced out at 80 feet I believe. probably 50 foot is high enough for most 2-3 story homes. The higher you spec your insurance the more it costs, but if you have a guy fall from 40 feet and you only spec 8 feet, they will not pay the claim. we also have coverage for "professional", or if we cause a fire from our work. most liability covers property damage while on site, and if others are hurt while on site, but professional covers the job when you leave.

Christmas Light Leads
09-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Just a quick update on the Christmas Light Leads front - we've changed our business model this year. Last year it was similar to Service Magic where it was a fee per lead. This year it's more of a Groupon model (but a heckuva lot cheaper and dedicated to holiday lighting companies) where there is no signup fee, no fee for the lead, if you close the sale, then we bill you a 10% commission (a.k.a. pay-for-performance model).

We changed this model due to a number of request we received from holiday lighting contractors who would get some leads but then the customer would never return their call. I felt it wasn't fair for contractors to be charged for something that ended up as nothing. So this commission based model is working well (we did the same type thing here in Dallas for the past 6 years and it's worked very well).

You will soon be seeing banner ads on this site that address this. Would love to see some early adopters from lawnsite.com take advantage of getting these holiday leads with no upfront costs.

For more information, see http://christmaslightleads.com/howitworks.

Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

David Gretzmier
09-21-2012, 03:58 AM
interesting. seems fair. but a lot harder to track and collect on your end. and when folks get a random 10,000 dollar job, that $1000 fee is going to seem high. But I pay that referral fee already to current customers so I see the value in it.

Christmas Light Leads
09-21-2012, 09:55 AM
David,
Yes there are some risks, however, we have some measures in place to reduce the odds of lighting companies being less than honest (e.g. must agree to a non-circumvent agreement, a 1 strike you're out policy if you don't report closed sales, customer surveys, etc.). If someone is going to cheat on a company that provided them business, then we add them to a blacklist and ensure they can't take advantage again (not to mention possibility of legal action).

And the max commission we charge is only $500 - so even if you close a $25,000 job based on our lead, we're not charging the full 10% ($2500) but rather only $500.

Ethical and honest business is the only way to go and we're doing our part to instill those values.

http://christmaslightleads.com/howitworks

Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

GreenI.A.
09-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Tory - What about the situation where we provide a design and price for a CLL lead and they decide not to go with us. If they call us next season and decide to do it then, are they still considered one of your leads? This is common for us.

Or what about if we provide the customer a $2,500 design and they decide to do a portion this season and add the rest next season. Is CLL commission for this years sales or should we report the fallowing years sales to you the fallowing year?

Christmas Light Leads
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
We only charge commission for leads obtained for that particular season. If they do not go with you the first year, but then they go directly to your site the following year and you close the sale in that 2nd year, then no commission fee would be billed to you. Having said that, if they go thru us that 2nd year and you close the deal that 2nd year, then yes, the commission is applied.
If in the event a customer goes through you and through us in the same season, we look at that on a case-by-case basis and see what time the lead arrived. If it came through you before it arrived on our site, then no commission fee applied (however if the reverse happens, then we would take credit).

addictedtolandscaping
09-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Tory what is your coverage area or I guess maybe I should say saturation in the Albany NY area? I did a direct mail program last year and gained absolutely NOTHING. I had a couple tire kicker calls no more no less. I have to figure out what in the h#ll I am missing. I am doing the direct mail this year and if the same results, will never do it again.

Christmas Light Leads
09-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I tried direct mail myself last year and saw very little return. We will continue to focus on more online efforts of capturing leads as the Internet is where people are turning to when looking for reputable lighting companies.

Regarding your question about Albany - we have coverage over the entire state of NY. Most of the leads we got were in NYC followed by Buffalo, but then last year was our first year and we've improved since then. Let me see if I can put some things in motion to trigger more leads in the Albany area.

If you haven't signed up yet, go to http://www.christmaslightleads.com and setup a free account so when leads from Albany come in, they'll go directly to you.

Regards,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

addictedtolandscaping
09-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Please lee me informed. As for signed up, should be all set from last year

turf hokie
09-22-2012, 07:07 PM
If most of your leads were in the NYC area....how come I didnt get one lead from you guys last year?????

GreenI.A.
09-23-2012, 02:48 AM
If most of your leads were in the NYC area....how come I didnt get one lead from you guys last year?????

I'm curious if you guys had any hits in the Boston Market? My account has just about every zipcode in Eastern MA listed and we didn't get a single lead last year. What are you guys going for online marketting? Obviously you can track the potential customers who contact you, but do you track the people who see or click on your links from different markets? I'm curios because we routinely search online to see how our adds appear and our competitors adds, I have yet to see a CCL add from searches online.

David Gretzmier
10-01-2012, 12:54 AM
perhaps this came from a different lead company, but I got an email that the leads are not commission based any longer, but a set fee.

I still feel that truck graphics, signs in early installs, service magic, website, EDDM postcards, and yellow pages are the best lead generators.

I closed a job last week from a lead off my back tailgate, and I did a bid for a large commercial building that was service magic exact match ( only goes to me).

"Christmas lights installed" with reflective letters on the back of trucks with phone number is around 100 bucks at my local sign shop. worth every penny.

turf hokie
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM

you have 10 posts, you can PM now if you would like.

Thanks
Bryan

Christmas Light Leads
10-03-2012, 12:59 AM

I misspoke - most of our leads last year came from the southern part of the U.S. (a ton in Texas). Now we did get some in NY, and NYC took the lion's share. I just saw one come in from the Bronx the other day. Last year was our first year and I do anticipate seeing more leads come through (better search engine optimization and other efforts we're rolling out this season).

So to sum it up, I can't guarantee we'll drive hundreds of leads per major market (we're not at that scale yet), but we are growing. And we just changed the business model in 2012 where there's neither a subscription fee nor fee per lead, so it's a safe bet to sign up and be on standby for when leads do come your way.

Christmas Light Leads
10-03-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm curious if you guys had any hits in the Boston Market? My account has just about every zipcode in Eastern MA listed and we didn't get a single lead last year. What are you guys going for online marketting? Obviously you can track the potential customers who contact you, but do you track the people who see or click on your links from different markets? I'm curios because we routinely search online to see how our adds appear and our competitors adds, I have yet to see a CCL add from searches online.

You're correct - last year we didn't see much in the Boston area but we're working on some enhancements that will give Eastern MA more visibility. One of our sites for capturing leads is lightsofboston.com and when I search "christmas light installation boston" it's showing up in Google as #1 at the moment (this can vary depending on where you are searching from).

I encourage you to give it another try this season. Remember there is no subscription fee and this year we are not charging a fee per lead, so no risk in being a preferred contractor to get first dibs on the leads we generate.

Good luck this season,
Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com

phillie
10-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Ok I'll bite also. What kind of interest have you seen in the Indianapolis/geist/fishers/carmel area? If I understand correctly then we only pay for actual jobs not leads?

Christmas Light Leads
10-13-2012, 10:31 AM
You're correct, no charge for the lead itself, only a 10% finder's fee if you're awarded the job.

The greater Indianapolis is a pretty popular area for us. At this time, we haven't filled all our slots in that area, so if you meet the criteria outlined on http://christmaslightleads.com/howitworks, then I encourage you to give it a shot (remember, no fee to signup)...and nothing to lose since you won't pay a penny out of pocket until your customer has paid you.

Best of luck this season,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

Birchwood
10-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Just joined for Illinois please start sending the leads this way, can you add the city of Burr Ridge.

GreenI.A.
10-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Thought I would update you guys since it seems none of us had received leads from CLL. I received my first lead from them last week. On Thursday Chantel emailed me and left a voice mail regarding a lead. She did not assign it to me right away or send it through to the online dashboard control as it was for a city outside of my area. Being that there was not a provider assigned to the area, and I was the closest, they gave me a call. So, so far it looks like their system may work.

Christmas Light Leads
10-14-2012, 10:36 AM
@GreenIndustry - thanks for posting.

We're in our second season and growing at a faster rate than last year. Those reading this post in 2012 will have a competitive advantage because they will be early adopters and get first dibs on leads arriving in their area. The downside is that coverage may at times appear sparse (some may get dozens of leads in two months while others are fortunate to see any activity). Marketing can take time before we all see a real payoff, so I appreciate you guys growing with us.

Just remember that our goal is to help you guys find more seasonal business without you having to spend upfront advertising dollars to get it.

Tory Smith
www.ChristmasLightLeads.com

Christmas Light Leads
10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Just joined for Illinois please start sending the leads this way, can you add the city of Burr Ridge.

Hi Steve, thanks for joining! I looked up Burr Ridge and we actually have it listed as zip code 60527 (technically Willowbrook in our system), so as long as you choose that zip code, you'll be covered.

Let me know if there's anything else we can do to help you out.

Best,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

phillie
10-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I signed up also but only put in cities rather than zip odes. Do you think this will give me a different out come than putting actual zip odes?
Posted via Mobile Device

Christmas Light Leads
10-14-2012, 02:26 PM
I signed up also but only put in cities rather than zip odes. Do you think this will give me a different out come than putting actual zip odes?
Posted via Mobile Device

No, you're fine. The cities are already tied to all the corresponding zip codes, so as long as you did one or the other you should be covered.

phillie
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
OK cool, I cant wait to see results. Lets see how this works out.

phillie
10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Got my first lead from them today but Im having problems logging into see it. Hope I can get in there soon so I can contact them.

phillie
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
To add to the last post....I can log in through the link in the email but if I go to the website and log in it shows an error.

Christmas Light Leads
10-18-2012, 02:01 AM
To add to the last post....I can log in through the link in the email but if I go to the website and log in it shows an error.

Hi Phillie,
I apologize you were having difficulty logging in. I will send you a note via email to help you troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Tory Smith
Christmas Light Leads

turf hokie
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi Phillie,
I apologize you were having difficulty logging in. I will send you a note via email to help you troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Tory Smith
Christmas Light Leads

The issue isnt on his end, happened to me as well. One of your login portals is bad.

Christmas Light Leads
10-18-2012, 09:46 AM
The issue isnt on his end, happened to me as well. One of your login portals is bad.

OK, thank you for letting us know. I discovered it's related to users who are using the Internet Explorer browser. I have informed our Development team and they are working on a fix which I expect to be ready in less than 24 hrs. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

In the meantime, you can log in via a different login page at
https://www.christmaslightleads.com/account/logon

Best,
Tory Smith
Christmas Light Leads

TexasFire221
11-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Waste of time. Only tire kickers and cheaps. Im not going to run around all over Central Texas meeting someone that wants me to install Wal-Mart lighting on their home. Hopefully this works for someone else.

turf hokie
11-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I just wish these people that I cam getting web leads would call back after I reach out to them, especially the service magic ones that I pay for....

so far only 40% of the leads generated from my online sources actually respond to my call/email and only 1/2 of them have gone with the service.

they are good jobs that I have gotten but man its frustrating when you see big names like Old Navy come into your email only to have them be non responsive....

TexasFire221
11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I have got 4 leads so far and only had 2 respond back. First one was a sorority at UT. Immediately emailed the lead back and she called me. We spoke and made an appointment. Drive an hour to meet her and she wasn't available, even after she called and confirmed 30 minutes before the appointment. Never heard back from her. Gave another home owner a bid ($1.00 a ft less the usual to get into her neighborhood) and no call back. Have one appointment for tomorrow and the 4th gave a bad email and won't return my call. It's irritating.
Posted via Mobile Device

Christmas Light Leads
11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
TexasFire -
You're not alone - I've talked to a lot of lighting companies lately (esp in Texas) and they saw a ton of "tire kickers" in late October.

I'm hopeful things will pick up throughout November. I've talked to some that have landed $3,000 - $5000 jobs right after Halloween. For every 3 or 4 small fish that aren't a good fit, a big fish often comes a long.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that things improve on your end - keep us posted!

Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

I have got 4 leads so far and only had 2 respond back. First one was a sorority at UT. Immediately emailed the lead back and she called me. We spoke and made an appointment. Drive an hour to meet her and she wasn't available, even after she called and confirmed 30 minutes before the appointment. Never heard back from her. Gave another home owner a bid ($1.00 a ft less the usual to get into her neighborhood) and no call back. Have one appointment for tomorrow and the 4th gave a bad email and won't return my call. It's irritating.
Posted via Mobile Device

TexasFire221
11-06-2012, 11:15 PM
TexasFire -
You're not alone - I've talked to a lot of lighting companies lately (esp in Texas) and they saw a ton of "tire kickers" in late October.

I'm hopeful things will pick up throughout November. I've talked to some that have landed $3,000 - $5000 jobs right after Halloween. For every 3 or 4 small fish that aren't a good fit, a big fish often comes a long.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that things improve on your end - keep us posted!

Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com

Oh I'm selling jobs just none from leads on your site. Ill give it a few more chances and I'm out.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Ive recieved 5 leads from them so far. 1 yes, 1 no, 1 estimate given today and 1 tomorrow. So far I have only had 1 that hasnt gotten back with me. All of my leads were emailed within 12 hrs and called within 24 hrs (business hrs). I also qualify my leads before I drive out there, no point in even getting in the truck if they are tire kickers. I dont even take them on if they are wanting me to install their own lights.

TexasFire221
11-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Received 2 leads today which comes to a total of 7 leads so far. One lead today told me what she wanted to pay. I politely told her she couldn't afford me. Have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow which sounds promising. 6 so far a no and we will see what tomorrow brings us.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Well I got 2 more yesterday. 1 had a guy call him by the time I got to him and the guy was at $30/hr..Im not... Another guy decided to "go in a different direction". It's all part of business, hope I can get some more. I am starting to wonder if the hr wage is to high. Im at $60/hr which is my lower hourly rate for general landscaping services.

phillie
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh ya...I did get the last estimate I actually went to.

TexasFire221
11-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Well two more leads that turned out to be flakes. Appointment I had scheduled for today won't answer his phone or email. Gonna just stick to leads from my post cards. With that being said Troy your site says you return emails within 24 hours and I sent one 9 days ago. Can I get a reply please?
Posted via Mobile Device