PDA

View Full Version : Kichler LED color lenses?

Mayor_tx
09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Has anyone found a place to purchase colored lenses for Kichler LED accent lights? We have a commercial job where the HOA has asked us to have red/green lights like we used to do with halogen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Joel

S&MLL
09-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I can buy lenses for the 157** series but None of which produce a green or red color.

NightScenes
11-15-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm betting that LEE filters will make some for you.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Before you go whole hog into buying a bunch of coloured lenses to place in front of LED lamps or fixtures, I would do some careful investigation and experimenting. I am by no means an engineer nor physicist, but I have some experience with LED light. I have noticed that the light energy from an LED source does not behave or perform the same as an incandescent source when shining through different types of filters and lenses. There is something about either the spectrum of light produced, or the waveform of the light from LEDs that results in some potentially lackluster performance when using coloured filters. This difference can be graphically compared when you see the spectra analysis of an LED lamp and compare it to it's incandescent 'cousin'.

The best alternative if you want to introduce colour into your designs and use LED sources, is to look to integrated RGB led fixtures. There are many available that are designed for commercial architectural lighting, Just be prepared for some pretty impressive costs and the need for some form of DMX control device (to adjust the colour output of the fixtures.) I would shy away from RGB LED lamps (retrofit) as most I have sampled do not produce nearly as much light output as they claim and many make some pretty questionable performance claims. Few if any RGB LED lamps I have seen are rated for moist environments or use in enclosed fixtures.

Have a great day.