PDA

View Full Version : Took NC test yesterday

Tony Harrell
11-07-2002, 06:09 AM
Any moron could pass that test, and a few probably will. 100 questions, you'd have to get 31 wrong to fail. Wonder why they don't inform you of the ones you got wrong even if you pass? If it's important to be licensed, it's important to not make mistakes! Looks like a money maker and a way for the state to cover their a__. Also, as a certified structural applicator, it's against the law for me to mix chemicals but not for turf and ornamental. They say to mix and check the container in 15 minutes to see if it's hot. What a bunch of cluster____s! I guess this moron will pass.

Bob Minney
11-07-2002, 10:22 AM
Any other requirements to get certified to apply?
Such as working for a qualified supervisor?
Insurance requirements?

Green Pastures
11-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Congrats Tony, that's an accomplishment no matter what the test entailed.

lawn dawg
11-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Tony Harrell;
I agree with you that we should be told which questions we might have missed and the correct answer when we receive the results. Even though someone passed, they still might be doing or using something the wrong way without knowing it.:confused:

Tony Harrell
11-08-2002, 05:15 AM
There's no insurance requirements for this phase although there are for structural. There's no requirement for experience although there is for structural. In structural, you have to have a degree or be certified and work under someone for 2 years before you can test. I'm going to test for structural next feb. even though I've been certified in 4 states since 1995. I never considered going out on my own on structural until this past year.

WEEDEATER
11-19-2002, 01:58 PM
How do you get information about taking that test and where do you take it.

WEEDEATER
11-19-2002, 02:07 PM
How do you get information about taking that test and where do you take it.

Mack
11-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey tony

I was just woundering, I got my study stuff for ohio last week and was looking at it and seems its all common questions. Just woundering if any trick questions.

wmsland
11-19-2002, 08:16 PM
Mack, if you can take one of the classes they offer to help you prepare for the test it will make your life a whole lot easier. Contact your extension agent they could probably tell you who is offering it. I remember one question about the type of brush you should use to clean spray nozzles. Good Luck.

Tony Harrell
11-20-2002, 04:46 AM
They asked questions like, Who administers the state pesticide laws-Commissionor(spell) of agriculture. NC has a class the day before and they cover most of it there. It was a mix of safety, weeds, application rates/quantities and such. How many pounds of active ingredient in 80 wp? Several questions play off each other also. If you get the first one wrong, you're screwed. Like, they'll ask you the square feet in an acre and then 4-5 questions regarding rates and such. You really need to be in contact with someone who's taken it in your state.