PDA

View Full Version : Install heads touching sidewalks for $$$

lawncuttinfoo
09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm not talking about even 1/2" away, I'm talking about physically touching the cement.
If the customer hires a lawn company that edges, they will break heads, call out for you $$$
If the city replaces and parts of sidewalk, replacement heads, call out for you $$$.
Cheaper to install, $$$ for you.

Ok sarcasm off, why do some people install heads against cement, instead of giving some clearance?

Kiril
09-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Ok sarcasm off, why do some people install heads against cement, instead of giving some clearance?

Because they are idiots.

jvanvliet
09-29-2011, 06:45 AM
See the above; and dys.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Because they are idiots.

ding ding ding! Kiril is the winner with the correct answer!

seriously though... there is no other answer other than the installer was an idiot.

MMADDUX
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm not talking about even 1/2" away, I'm talking about physically touching the cement.
If the customer hires a lawn company that edges, they will break heads, call out for you $$$
If the city replaces and parts of sidewalk, replacement heads, call out for you $$$.
Cheaper to install, $$$ for you.

I don't do any irrigation and can tell you that is dumb. Most companies around here install them touching the sidewalk or curb. Then they charge the cust. to replace them when they tear them up edging. Its crazy.....

jvanvliet
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
It's a form of planned obsolescence; once the HO figures out they are getting screwed, the irrigation co. is obsolete.

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I kept heads 4 fingers away from sidewalk. Literally put my hand on the ground and cut accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Leary
09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Because they are idiots.

Geez, I like it when you talk dirty. :walking: