PDA

View Full Version : I met the guy who builds every Rain Master Promax sold

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I did the TORO Riverside tour. Pretty cool place. Saw the testing labs and the Rain Master Systems production area. They assure me if you send your PROMAX in for service it will be turned around in three days. Down from 6 weeks 2 years ago. Three guys repairing circuit boards to slap in and send them back out. Every RM controller is thoroughly tested before going out. They are also coming out with an onsite weather station similar to RB but metal exterior not plastic. Just a more durable sensor inside and out with a tipping rain guage. Want to keep using your PROMAX on a 2 wire system? Then go with RM 2 wire which works with BASELINE decoders.
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I would like to see the RM advance a little farther, kind of like the new RB remote. The RB one has a display so you can see what you are turning on, and you can run a program or a test program. But I also know the RB has limited range, but it's not an issue on 99% of our residentials.
I'd like to see remotes with capability to program the controller from the field as well. That way if I am working on a station far away from the controller, I don't have to wait to get back to the controller to +/- the run times, possibly forgetting about it or forgetting which zone it was. I understand that the RM or TRC won't do this due to not being model specific. Maybe the RB does allow that and I don't know it yet.

So did they give free samples Pete? :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
They asked me what I thought about adding a display and I suggested not to do it. Something else to get damaged. I hope they keep it just as it is. Durability is what I want.
No free samples. Lots of "you are the guy that sells those pigtails and pushes our remote?" Then a big handshake.
Posted via Mobile Device

DanaMac
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
They asked me what I thought about adding a display and I suggested not to do it. Something else to get damaged. I hope they keep it just as it is. Durability is what I want.
No free samples. Lots of "you are the guy that sells those pigtails and pushes our remote?" Then a big handshake.
Posted via Mobile Device

Two models then, one with and one without. Maybe add a beer bottle opener to the back :laugh:

Wet_Boots
09-30-2011, 11:19 AM
did Toro buy this guy too, when they acquired the company?

FIMCO-MEISTER
09-30-2011, 11:34 AM
They moved the company from simi valley to riverside and brought some employees. Not sure about him though. Boots you'd have had a field day with the history display. Had all the moist o matic stuff and some brass stuff way before my time.
Posted via Mobile Device

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
They do turn the remote repairs around quick. We sent three in earlier this summer and had them back in less than 5 days!

Mike Leary
09-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow! A trip to the mothership, how cool is that? :clapping: I would like to see a display that read zone, program, amps & flow, the remote is supposed to ride next to you with it's own seat belt, not bouncing around in the bed of the truck! :hammerhead:

ARGOS
10-01-2011, 03:41 PM
the remote is supposed to ride next to you with it's own seat belt, not bouncing around in the bed of the truck! :hammerhead:

Exactly. That's why the wife rides in the bed of the truck.

koster_irrigation
10-01-2011, 07:21 PM
This thread is useless without pictures of moist-o-matic and such....

Mike Leary
10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
This thread is useless without pictures of moist-o-matic and such....

Here's an "and such".

Waterit
10-02-2011, 02:02 AM
I'd like to see remotes with capability to program the controller from the field as well. Maybe the RB does allow that and I don't know it yet.

It does allow you to program from the remote, and we haven't found the range limit to be a factor yet.