PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know these guys?

jvanvliet
09-30-2011, 04:49 PM
U.S. Irrigation Management & Consulting, LLC

They are soliciting LCO's to manage their irrigation problems. I've never heard of them, they say they just moved to the Gulf Coast of FL.

irritation
09-30-2011, 05:09 PM
What the hell is a LCO? Take all their work and bill them.:)

AI Inc
09-30-2011, 05:17 PM
dude started a few threads in here the other day.

jvanvliet
09-30-2011, 06:44 PM
What the hell is a LCO? Take all their work and bill them.:)

LCO = Lawn Care Operator;

They claim they have techs. My gut is they are high overhead low margin operators that will squeeze techs to make the nut.

Mike Leary
09-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Sounds like another Boots scam where they bill for information, rather than free on LS.
They are from NJ and have no website other than facebook.

Mike Leary
09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds like another Boots scam where they bill for information, rather than free on LS.
They are from NJ and have no website other than facebook.

Wet_Boots
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
bailing from the Land of Prozac in September?

Mike Leary
09-30-2011, 07:32 PM

We have Tengointernet wi-fi down here, what a crummy system. :hammerhead:

irritation
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
LCO = Lawn Care Operator

:laugh: and what the hell is that?

irritation
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM

The season of pics of rv parks and cactus comes early. Must mean an early frost?.:dizzy:

Cloud9Landscapes
10-01-2011, 02:45 AM

A fancy term for a gardene...I mean, landscaper. I shouldn't talk. :0

I checked out that facebook, It looks sketchy. And if they were truly a big company that was somewhat credible, I would think they would have a decent website.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Irrigation-Management-Consulting-LLC/224790944229723

jvanvliet
10-01-2011, 06:33 AM

Those are the guys that cut the grass and sprinkler heads :clapping:

hoskm01
10-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Those are the guys that cut the grass and sprinkler heads :clapping:
The professionals manage turf.

GreenI.A.
10-01-2011, 02:36 PM
One of the pictures on there facebook is a postcard ad. If says 20% off contracts, and a current contract is required. If I'm reading it right, it looks like they will beet any curent contract by 20% , so I guess we can assume they are lowballers

Waterit
10-02-2011, 01:05 AM
"Strategic partnerships"? That's another way of saying let us steal your customer list.

hoskm01
10-02-2011, 10:32 AM
beet any curent contract

What would a beet contract look like?

http://www.modernbeet.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/golden-beets.JPG

jvanvliet
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Here's the pitch on the lawncare site.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=362038

Mike Leary
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Here's the pitch on the lawncare site.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=362038

Good for you to research them, sounds like slimeballs to me since they did not even offer to take anyone to lunch. :hammerhead:
Matt and Dan would know more about these guys. Valley Crest, Brickman, etc., seem to have a pretty good rep, as do a few other commercial contractors on this forum.

txgrassguy
10-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I have done a few "strategic partnerships" with management companies in the past.
Never again.
While these types of companies may sound relatively interesting, by the time you adhere to all of their policies what profit margin existed is long gone.
Do yourself a favor, acquire the necessary license needed for the services these companies offer and diversify your business to offer a more complete program to your clients.
A perfect example, one management company I agreed to service accounts for required as part of their vetting process that I could not carry a concealed weapon on their properties. Yep, an out of state company dictating to me that I couldn't carry a concealed weapon I am licensed to possess. I also wasn't allowed to have my dog with me either. Three years later they still owe me over $1800 for services performed - kept saying the paperwork wasn't correct, my account contact kept changing, heard more than once the check was in the mail - so I said eff it. Bother me again and if I don't cap your sorry butt I'll let my dog chew on you awhile.

GreenLight
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Yep, an out of state company dictating to me that I couldn't carry a concealed weapon I am licensed to possess. I also wasn't allowed to have my dog with me either. Three years later they still owe me over $1800 for services performed - kept saying the paperwork wasn't correct, my account contact kept changing, heard more than once the check was in the mail - so I said eff it. Bother me again and if I don't cap your sorry butt I'll let my dog chew on you awhile.

I have great respect for the right to bear arms. I think it's a constitutional right and whether some think it's outdated and wrong, I will always defend it. That being said, we are talking about workplace practices and I personally wouldn't allow someone to carry a concealed weapon that was working with or for me. If they were keeping the weapon in their car, I suppose it wouldn't be as big a deal, but if it's on their person my insurance company would probably be livid. As for the dog, I love dogs to death, but once again he or she doesn't need to be a on a jobsite. Insurance companies would almost unanimously frown on it and it's simply an unnecessary risk. I have heard people say "oh my dog is harmless, couldn't hurt a flea if he tried". This maybe true, but I don't care how well behaved an animal is, it's still an animal that has quirky instincts. I have a neighbor who thought they had the best dog in the world until one day the dog simply went out of character and bit another neighbors toddler in the face ripping the toddlers mouth open and requiring plastic surgery and nearly 30 stitches. The dog was immediately euthanized and that neighbor ultimately moved away the next year because of the immense guilt he felt.

As for the money they owe you, that's a different story. If they owe, they should pay.

txgrassguy
10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Well Green, you know what they say about two sides to every story . . .
I had to be armed since my ex-wife was literally trying to kill me.
Same with the dog, if she wasn't with me I couldn't reasonably ensure her safety either.

However, all of that said, I - for one - have an immense suspicion when a company headquartered in a different state attempts to dictate my freedoms in a state I am
a resident. This was the tenor I attempted to display in my previous post.

Oh, and about my dog - I never said she was harmless. In fact I have a caution sign on my truck telling people to stay away since I have trained my dog to be very protective of my equipment. To date she has either bitten or outright stopped four equipment thefts that I am aware. The more shirt material she has when the screaming stops the bigger the burger I buy her afterward.

jvanvliet
10-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Gun control is hitting your target the first time.

Ruger P90 .45 (in my truck)
SW 357 Magnum double action revolver 3.5inch barrel (in my night stand)
Taurus pt 738 TCP .380 (my wife carries in her purse)

The dog sounds awesome.

Stuttering Stan
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
This company strikes me as a fly-by-night. After reading the lawn care thread, I'm even more suspicious. IMO, it's another scam company trying to cut throats as it's business model.

hoskm01
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Perhpas the whole point of the CONCEALED weapon was lost... If it were truly concealed (mine always is) who's to know? I'd rather be alive and not humping sprinklers for that company than dead and still with a sprinkler maintenance contract.

txgrassguy
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Perhpas the whole point of the CONCEALED weapon was lost... If it were truly concealed (mine always is) who's to know? I'd rather be alive and not humping sprinklers for that company than dead and still with a sprinkler maintenance contract.

My carry weapon is concealed until I have to use it - but that isn't the point.

The point is an out of state company dictating what personal liberties I can and cannot partake regardless of state licensing in effect.

To further add insult to the equation this company demanded I sign an affidavit saying I would not carry a weapon either on me or in my trucks. And this was after a year of already providing subcontracting service without this proviso being either asked for nor demanded. Same with the dog.

I still carry everywhere I go, work calls, fire calls, anywhere. Interestingly enough the fire chief asked me about carrying one day when I had to empty my pockets before donning my rescue dive gear to search for a drowning victim. On several calls he and the other personnel have related to me they were sure glad I had a weapon due to the circumstances of the calls. The chief and department staff get it - this northern company doesn't.

Mike Leary
10-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Whoa! :clapping::clapping:

Wet_Boots
10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
There may be insurance ($$$) implications behind no-carry policies.