PDA

View Full Version : HOUR METER on WALKER Mower

kjfaulk
11-07-2002, 05:53 PM
I have a new walker with about 20 hours on it. I know that i really like the walker alot, but the hour meter seems to be really counting some hours, compared to my other mowers. Do any of you guys with walkers notice this, or is it just me.

Green Pastures
11-07-2002, 06:36 PM
I was thinking the same thing today, mine has 14 as of tonight, but then I remembered .....

Time flies when you're having fun. :D

If you've only got 20 hours on it take it back to the dealer and ask them to check it.

walker-talker
11-07-2002, 06:46 PM
Use a stopwatch and time it to be certian.

MATT

Green Pastures
11-07-2002, 07:36 PM
DUH..............

Matt, you're the man, this is exactly why I'm here. Learn something new every day. Sometimes it's rather simple stuff too.

MLI
11-07-2002, 07:51 PM
my old Walker use to double the time.....at one point it even went backwards for a year or so....the new one is digital...havent had a problem yet

Green Pastures
11-07-2002, 07:53 PM
Double time........:eek:

You must have been having alot of fun.

walker-talker
11-07-2002, 10:31 PM
Don't feel bad, I have a Jacobsen AeroKing with 65 hours on it, but I've only ran it about five hours. Man, I must of been having a ball. Oh, wait a minute, or was it because I left the key on a few times. Man I am still upset about that one.....:angry:

MATT

CMerLand
11-08-2002, 10:51 AM
Track you actual hours for an hour or two when your cutting non-stop and check the times. Ive had a walker since 97 and until I got my TORO this year never thought much of the clock. But then the walker was putting twice the hours on it a week than the TORO even though it was used less. Found out it was keeping almost twice the time and had to replace the clock.

Run the watch to compare and then get it fixed. Worst case scenario is that your changing your oil and doing your maintenance more frequently, but can be wasting money that way.

CMerLand

Gravely_Man
11-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Not a good thing but hopefully you have caught the problem early enough. 20 hours is a lot less then some of the previous posters who were getting double time.

Gravely_Man