PDA

View Full Version : Turf Revitalizer changing blades

sidepipes
10-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I broke a blade today. I loosed the jam nut on the pulley side. I looked for the clip on opposite end according to manual. I can't see it. What am I missing?
Also the yard I was on had a lot plastic netting that wrapped very tight around the cutter shaft. Does that affect the ability of the machine? I was on my first trip around a 32k yard when the blade broke.

RABBITMAN11
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
It will eat the bearing out. Make sure you remove all netting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jason Rose
10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Curious as to where you are getting blades for it to replace your broken one? Since lawn solutions sold out to Toro they aren't producing the machines as of yet from what I gather and the LS website is all but gone so there's no way to order parts there... I have one I've been trying to sell, last year they were like gold and now its not worth anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

RABBITMAN11
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
You can still order parts!

cod8825
10-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Sidepipes:

Good luck and have fun. I bought a used unit this season and suposed nut that you are referencing was not there as well. I had to take the pulley, bearing assembly completely apart. Mine was seized like no others business and spent four hours changing the blades. Under fifteen minutes my tail.

Matt

sidepipes
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I got my question answer when I call Lawn Solutions directly. The clip has been replaced by the welded washer shown in my picture.
Although removing the blades is still simple. Remove the one quarter inch bolts from the pulley and screw them into the extra holes on the pulley. Once this is separated. Pulling the bearing with a gear pulley was easy.