PDA

View Full Version : Best Fescue seed----Oklahoma?

OKIE LAWNS
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I am goign to re-seed my lawn today. Got everything prepped.

What is a good seed to use? What holds up best to the heat?

Preferably something i can get in the OKC area/.

RigglePLC
10-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Lescos All Pro isn't bad, but what do you have available to purchase seed from?
Only other option is Scotts "Thermal Blue".
http://lesco.com/NoCompression/GetData.aspx?Type=ProdResource&ID=11303&.pdf

You want drought resistance, disease resistance, narrow blade, and dark green color. Creeping rhizomes is a nice plus. 10 percent bluegrass that is suited to hot weather will add better ability to creep and self-repair.
General suggestions, sorry we don't use much TTTF around here--different conditions.

OKIE LAWNS
10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Scotts thermal blue is sweet. Matter of fact that is what the lawn has been done in the last 5 years and i loved it. But with temperatures in the 110+ this summer here in oklahoma it dies out. It has lasted around 5 years with no re-seeding.

But everybody around here says that fescue like defiance will hold up better in the Hot oklahoma summer...

I cant get the thermal blue locally ( i used 100%) not the mix that home depot sells.
With shipping and waiting on it to arrive i am afraid it will get to late.

fireman gus
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
We use Survivor from W. B. Johnston's. It seems to do really well in North Central Oklahoma.

R&S Lawn Care
10-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Im trying some Stadium Mix I got from Agrium. Its a tttf blend. I've planted some full sun areas where my garden
was. Then some shaded areas i overseeded that are currently in burmuda. Last, a bare area in the shade. We'll see in time. All planted with a slit seeder.
Posted via Mobile Device