PDA

View Full Version : trick #1 you pick up a new client and you wont to leave a good first impression.

anthony
11-08-2002, 06:44 AM
lets start a new tread on "little tricksof out trade"maybe help some young applicators out there

there are alot of things that wee don't look at/////

you pick up a new client and you wont to use a fertilizer that will leave a good first impression after the application kicks in.
what do you guys use..

i been useing 24-10-10-4% FE. WITH MICRO"S and it gets things growing and active...i put the spreader guard down while i border
the property and it's like i painted a green line down them..1/2 the time i will get the lawns that border the propertys.

and old applicatior in my area told me this trick... and that it is always good to keep a few bags in the truck for those new clients you get while servicing lawns..

you guys ever think about this?
anthony

1grnlwn
11-08-2002, 09:12 AM
I considered doubling the boarders to contrast the neighbors. Double aerate too.

Mark

KLMlawn
11-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Hey, as long as they are paying for the Fert., sure I will put it down. I have a Blend I like to use 20-8-8 3% Fe and it cost me 8.99 a bag, but I never put any fert or chemical down unless the customer is paying for it.

Envy Lawn Service
11-17-2002, 09:12 PM
This is a good little thread!

What I do for 1st applications (if they want them) really depends on the condition of the lawn, the time of year I pick them up and the turf variety.

First if it's weedy, I spray for weeds. No sense in feeding the weeds. Then I look at the overall condition of the turf to determine fertilize requirements. I keep a bunch of little self soil tests. Using these, I can quickly and cheaply determine the PH & N-P-K levels.

I always go a little heavy on the P & K application and apply a liquid form of chelated Iron. I find the Iron is a good way to get a quick greening effect. Also, small amounts of quick release Nitrogen helps too and I always core aerate.

EXAMPLE:

Fairly healthy fescue lawn, low weed content, picked up say May 5th....I'd start out with an aeration. Then quick release 10-20-20 fertilize and liquid Iron. Occasionally I will substitute 17-17-17 if nutrient levels are very low or 16-4-8 slow release if the P & K are OK. I would also begin taking steps to adjust soil PH if needed since this can be a long drawn out process.

This is only one example.

24-10-10-4%FE???

Could I get some detail info on this fertilize?

Old Guy
11-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Since TG-CL has a lot of accounts, we point out that rather than just pour on N we do a soil test and put down what's right for the lawn. We also suggest aeration and maybe overseeding if the conditions dictate. Of course, a little "extra" N the first time makes it look like you know what you're doing. :D