PDA

View Full Version : Starting Bussiness

quickcutter
11-08-2002, 09:33 AM
I am wanting some info. Going to start a new ground up Lawn Service (basically your standard services) Contemplating what mowers to purchase (size and models, riders, walk behind, lower cost residential or higher cost commercial) Planning on a small amount of costomers at first but continueing to grow. I understand that if I purchase a residential mower (rider) for about 1500.00 it will be worn out at the end of the season but if I purchase a Commercial brand for 6000.00 and use it for the same amount of time and relize that this is not for me (the bussiness) I will lose more than the 1500.00 that I lost on the other brand.
What would be your opinions and why? Anything is appreciated. Thanks

65hoss
11-08-2002, 09:37 AM
You have all winter to do a business plan and make decisions. So start now and continue reading everything on here you can. This place is like a free book, you just have to put the time in it to make it worth it. You have many nights of material to look thru.

Swampbeast
11-08-2002, 09:42 AM
So your not sure if you really want to do this? Well, I wouldnt start out with a $6000 ZTR, if I was you I would go buy a $2500 36 inch SCAG walkbehind. SCAGs are wonderful machines, extrememly tough, they can take all the abuse an amateur can dish out.
And do what 65 Hoss said. Stay on this site like crazy! READ READ READ! Go read this one post, "how I nearly lost it all in 95" in the commercial lawn forum.
Never buy something cause its cheap, buy stuff because its high quality.
(and buy a Ford truck to....) :D

:cool: