PDA

View Full Version : I need help

levi12ga
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
hi, a little about me is im a young guy that is taking all the money i have to start up a lawn care business, i have served in the army, and after i got out i decided to go to school, it wasn't really for me.... i know nothing about spraying, i have been reading as much as i can about it, im taking all the test to get licensed in my state here in about a month.

QUESTION 1. im planing to buy a zero turn and converting it in to a sprayer im looking at the grasshopper with the grasshopper shielded spray, is that a good one to get?? i haven't heard much about it, but it seems to have some advantages over some others, what do you guys think?

QUESTION 2. what would be a good spray rig to buy, that is moderately priced? and how big of a tank do i need to have, would 300gals be fine or is a 500 gal needed?

any additional info on spraying will be greatly appreciated,
thank you,

FoghornLeghorn
10-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd recommend working for a larger operation first so that you can get an idea of how to do this work, get your "workflow" on sites figured out, and so forth.

Then, once you know what you're doing, I'd go out on my own and start a company. This isn't something you want to buy equipment for, THEN figure out your business. You need to have a good foundation first.

But, with good knowledge, continuous learning, patience, honesty and integrity, you should do fine.

Good luck.

ringahding
12-03-2011, 01:54 AM
Well if you been doing a lot of reading, time to get your hands dirty like this military man did... Hansen's Lawn Care (http://www.hansenslawncare.com/Snow-Plowing-Woodbury-MN.html). This was his 1st year on his own and now he is well on his way with over 15 snow plowing accounts and over 15 mowing accounts going in to next year...I say go for it man if it's in your blood!
Also really consider a business WEBSITE which of course I also can do and actually did Hansen's...