PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Nursery in Milwaukee, WI area

WEEDEATER
11-08-2002, 05:18 PM
I'm looking for a wholesale nursery in Milwaukee, WI area. Any suggestions.

lawnstudent
11-14-2002, 12:14 PM
There is W&E Radtke, Inc. in the Milwaukee area, but they only do perennials. Good luck.

jim

WEEDEATER
11-14-2002, 01:58 PM
do you have anymore information on W&E Radtke I can't find anything on the web.

Thanks for your help:)

lawnstudent
11-14-2002, 02:15 PM
That's about all the info I have. I don't live in the Milwaukee area. I did attend a seminar in Franklin, Wis. where George Radtke, owner of W&E Radtke, INC., gave a talk. I believe they are in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee. Try the yellow pages. Good luck.

jim

neighborguy
11-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Radtke's is located one block north of Freistadt Rd. in Germantown and just east of Hwy 175. their office is on the south side of the street. Sorry I don't have a number or the street. When you turn off of 175 on your left is an empty field.

Another wholesaler is Wayside Nursery. I believe it is right on 76th street north of County Line Rd. but south of Mequon Rd.
That's the best that I can do, we get a lot of our material from Minor's Garden Center. THey have a special contractor office and can deal with large quantities.

mklawnman
11-15-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey
Well its cool to see more Wisconsin people on lawnsite. I live in Richfield and drive down to germantown alot and i have never heard of this place. Ill have to look for it if i need anything, have some major plantings to do next year and i thought about going to a nursery yard but only know of a handfull but ill have to check out this Radtke place.
Where you from neighborguy? Know of a few others that are from the area.
Matt

neighborguy
11-17-2002, 01:24 PM
I made a mistake in my last post: It is east of 145, not 175. Sorry about that. In all actuality I work for one of the larger landscape companies in the area and don't have my own business. I wish I had the opportunity to start my own bus but just can't do it right now.

peck
11-17-2002, 06:18 PM
There is a place in milwaukee called minor's. It is a huge nursery. It handles all types of tree's shrubs, mulch, pavers, blocks, etc... I hope this helps you out.

WEEDEATER
11-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all your help and information.