PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

buysell
10-07-2011, 10:28 AM
reseeded a section of soft wet soil....just spread the seed and the rolled and pushed the seed into the soil...i could see it..but it was pushed into the soil....nothing came up after 10 days (teamates) BUT...some seed got into a wood mulch bed and is growing very nicely?....thoughts? why didnt the seed germinate that was pushed into the soil? and why is it growing in the mulch?.....just kinda dangling around at 3 inches in the mulch?

RigglePLC
10-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Good question, Buysell. Why was it bare to begin with? Fix that. Also I am not sure rolling is a good idea.
Does anybody have data? Proof that rolling improves seed germination? If so by what percent? I am trying to determine that here on a small test area, but didn't have roller and so used foot traffic. Stay tuned.

Smallaxe
10-08-2011, 01:10 AM
reseeded a section of soft wet soil....just spread the seed and the rolled and pushed the seed into the soil...i could see it..but it was pushed into the soil....nothing came up after 10 days (teamates) BUT...some seed got into a wood mulch bed and is growing very nicely?....thoughts? why didnt the seed germinate that was pushed into the soil? and why is it growing in the mulch?.....just kinda dangling around at 3 inches in the mulch?

Think of it as a demonstration as to what constitutes a genuine seedbed to be... :)