PDA

View Full Version : edgit

Trav
11-09-2002, 02:27 AM
has anyone ever used the edgit attachment on there trimmer and how did they like it?

Tony Harrell
11-09-2002, 05:48 AM
I'm working on a wheel that will attach to my trimmer so I can be more precise when I use it for edging. It will be out of the way when trimming. Thats one of my off season projects, I'll post some pics when it's done.

dr grass
11-09-2002, 09:11 AM
trav - sorry bro. never heard of an edgit. i thought that was the sound that ROSCO P. COLETRAIN made. hey for fun, can anyone tell me what show he was on. ill give you a hint .... he had a little dog that was always with him ... anyone? anyone? anyone ??

shep :p

dr grass
11-09-2002, 09:13 AM
if anyone gets the answer right, ill come cut their lawn!!! LMAO!!

shep

rkbrown
11-09-2002, 11:43 AM
Dukes of Hazzard and the dog was named Flash !!!

dr grass
11-09-2002, 03:03 PM
rkbrown - your right!! ill be out there in about a week to cut your grass. please make sure you have everything picked up. ahhh........

shep :p

yardman1
11-09-2002, 03:04 PM
I think the edgit is a waste of good $$$$, But that is just my .02 worth.:D

Harvestman
11-09-2002, 06:21 PM
I Bought one this summer. Hated it at first ,but kept at it(about 3 weeks). Now I love that thing. I like how the walks look. It's great for keeping an edge on walks but is horrible at breaking it.

edgit
11-10-2002, 02:28 AM
Trav , go to my website and download the mpeg video, you do have to get used to the edgit and establish its kind of edge. but once you have a groove established you can edge as fast as you can walk, while you also do the trimming.
At least down load the manicuring system from the site, its called Following the Edge. Its what most contractors do intuitively anyway, if they edge with their trimmer, we just wrote it down for training new operators. Also try doing the trimming and edging left handed, yes I said left handed. youll never walk backwards again. Its much more productive, though it will feel ackward at first. Give it a day.

Trav
11-10-2002, 03:05 AM
Thanks, All sure try to do it left handed.

johnhenry
11-10-2002, 10:28 AM
For curbs and sidewalks it does pretty good and is very fast. But where it is really is a asset is in mulched beds where there is only a natural edge. It works wonders there. Keeps mulch off the grass. Well worth the money

bluemoon
11-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Yes Trav,
I use it and love it, would not be without it. It is great for people who aren't skilled with a trimmer. I always thought I could handle a trimmer and do just about whatever I wanted. But with this edgit, it is a no-brainer. I would feel comfortable, putting anyone with no experience on a trimmer and cutting a edge. As far as trimming goes, it really gives one a feel for where the string is actually cutting.
Overall I like it, but in the end it will be personal preference.
I t is worth the $65.00 bucks to try it.
Good Luck
Bluemoon

Ryan Lightning
11-10-2002, 03:20 PM
Why would anyone walk backwards to edge? Ive seen guys doing it, But Im self taught, and I always walked forward, and I have no problem running a very nice edge. I cant always go as fast as I walk, so I may try the edgit to get a little more speed.

mac43rn
11-10-2002, 08:54 PM
I have an echo straight shaft with an edgit it is the best piece of equipment I have ever purchased (maybe other then my tthp). Very easy to use. Go from trimming to edging in a heartbeat. Highly suggest!!

PaulJ
11-11-2002, 12:44 AM
Yardman, have you ever tried an Edgit or sen one used??

If so then I respect your opinion.

Trav.
I do have an EDGIT and love it. From now on every trimmer I buy will get an EDGIT right away.

I tought myself to trimm left handed before I had an edgit and got pretty good at "following the edge" then I got the edgit and everything looked better and went faster. I still get stares from customers and there neighbors that I can trimm and edge so fast and it still lokks good.

It also makes a better guard than anything from the factory.
I don't get hit with near as much debris as I used to.

So I think they Are worth the $$$$$$.:D :D

Ryan Lightning
11-11-2002, 01:06 AM
I not saying I wouldnt buy one to save time, and make a better edge, BUT $65 for a platic gaurd is way out of line if ask me! And thats factory direct?

IBGreen
11-11-2002, 01:15 AM
Sorry about being the idiot but, where can you get an edgit and how much are they?

MacLawnCo
11-11-2002, 01:38 AM
Guys, there was a small discussion on the edgit early summer. Do a search to see others comments on it too. I gave my rave review in one of those.

www.edgit.com

brucec32
02-13-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Ryan Lightning
I not saying I wouldnt buy one to save time, and make a better edge, BUT $65 for a platic gaurd is way out of line if ask me! And thats factory direct?

I agree, but 25 percent of the cost of a new trimmer on sale for a plastic guard? Heck, my Echo SRM 2400's even come with a metal guard (for brushcutting) that I toss and never use. It may well be worth it in productivity, sounds like a good idea, but it galls me to pay that much. I think it's a little on the high side. But that's the free market.

woodycrest
02-13-2003, 09:20 AM
What would it cost (with shipping) to Ontario, Canada?
DAve