PDA

View Full Version : Wright Turbo 10 Grass Gobbler

Richard Martin
11-09-2002, 06:53 AM
Has anyone seen the new Wright Turbo 10 Grass Gobbler? It holds 10.8 cu ft of clippings/leaves at a time. It also comes apart in 2 pieces so the lifted weight is greatly reduced. Slight mods would be required to Exmark and Gravely mowers but the setup is very close the way they come.

www.wrightmfg.com

John Gamba
11-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Hello Richard
Do you Know If It needs a Bracket to mount to a Exmark. Do you Know The Price.
thanks John

KLMlawn
11-09-2002, 07:41 PM
I have seen it and it looks good for a hydro or ZTR. I would not think it would be a good idea for the average w/b machine, too heavy. The price is still a bit steep as compared to a Grass Gobbler with the leaf Gobbler extender seeing as it only increases your capacity by 2 cubic feet for another $200 more. OK, it has the venturi baffles which are supposed to increase airflow for rearward packing of grass and leaves ... but for $200 ... my Gobbler with the leaf extention works just fine, especially seeing as I have already made the investment in those and the turbo-10 would be another $550, or in that ball park.

Richard Martin
11-10-2002, 05:13 AM
John, the Turbo 10 is only made for the Wright mowers at this time. The Exmark and the Wright both use a small hook to attach Grass Gobblers. On the Wright the hook is pointed forward, on the Exmark it's pointed sideways. Take the hook on the Turbo 10 and point it sideways and it should fit the Exmark.

KLM answered the price question.

John Gamba
11-10-2002, 06:45 AM
Thank You Both Very Much
John

jeffyr
11-10-2002, 06:53 AM
Although I can't find it on their website, J-Thomas (www.j-thomas.com) has a metal extension for the grass gobbler that I found in their catalogue. It clips onto the rear door hardware and measures 27x19x18 and adds 2.5 cubic feet to the capacity for $79. I don't own one, but remember seeing it when I read the thread. The part number is CT-922.

jeffyr

KLMlawn
11-10-2002, 12:52 PM
jeffyr, yes, J-Thomas does have a very nice replica of the Leaf Gobbler extention for about half of what most local dealers are charging for it. I in fact use the J-Thomas extentions on my Gobblers with NO problems ... the work great!
One additional comment .... these extentions ONLY fit either the J-Thomas "Big Daddy" or the Wright "Jumbo Grass Gobbler", they do not fit the Rack'em catchers or any other brand that I am aware of.