PDA

View Full Version : Engineaire on Kohler 15 ????

MOW ED
11-09-2002, 07:24 AM
Ok I ordered an Engineaire cleaner for the Kohler 15HP and I received it yesterday. I got a bottom plate, the main body that replaces Kohlers stock cover and a mounting nut.

I have the instructions but something aint right. The mounting nut does not seem to be the right one. The nut is supposed to screw down on the stock mounting screw that is on the Kohler. I do this and bottom out the screw and the whole works can still move up almost half an inch. Its like the mounting screw is too long or I need a different mounting nut.

Anyone put one of these on a Kohler. They "fit" 11 thru 15 hp engines. It looks like it will help but I have to mount the darn thing right.

Richard Martin
11-09-2002, 10:20 AM
You probably just need to trim the mounting screw. I am very interested to see how the Enginaire (http://www.enginaire.com) air cleaner works out for you. Please keep me/us posted.

odin
11-09-2002, 11:01 AM
I put one on a 19 horse kawasaki and they didnt send any new mounting nuts .I had to use one of the old ones.

MOW ED
11-10-2002, 11:22 AM
I used a wingnut and a washer to try and work the thing. Heres a pic.

MOW ED
11-10-2002, 11:23 AM
one more

MOW ED
11-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Unbelieveable, we used it for 5 hours today and I got home and looked at the precleaner, it was as clean as new. This thing is worth every penny. I'll take some pics after a few more days.

Lawn Sharks
11-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Mow Ed,
Did you mean the air filter was as clean as new or were you being sarcastic? If the Precleaner was as clean as new then........

Keth

MOW ED
11-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Seriously, the foam precleaner was as clean as new. I am not being a smart ***** about it. I wish I would have known about the Engineaire when I bought the mower.

It works great.

Lawn Sharks
11-12-2002, 09:28 PM
ahhh, that makes more sense as I thought you said the Engineaire Precleaner was clean and not the foam prefilter.

Sounds great! Look forward to hearing more about this product!

Keth

FrankenScagMachines
11-12-2002, 09:32 PM
How much did it cost? What exactly is it? Is it just a pre cleaner's pre cleaner or what? I will cruise on over to their website and if it explains all of this please ignore my post. Thanks,
Eric