PDA

View Full Version : Help chose a businesses name

Dylan's Lawn Care
10-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I have Two that I thought of right now Dylan's Lawn Care and Wolf River Lawn Care. Im thinking of going with Wolf River Lawn Care because the river run almost right thought the city and the city motto is the city on the wolf. I think it would connect more with the community and every lawn guy in my town uses his name for their business so it would be different. What do you guys think, other name suggestions are welcome.

FoghornLeghorn
10-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd go the Wolf River Route. Using your name in the business just seems a little small-scale to me.

If and when you do expand, you'll want the name to seem more professional that just a guys name. Does that make sense?

93Chevy
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I second Wolf River.

But may I suggest "Wolf River Landscapes"...sounds better than lawn care.

Patriot Services
10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Go the Wolf River route. Just make sure you register it as your DBA after checking that it isn"t already taken.:usflag:

Dylan's Lawn Care
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
That is the name i was leaning towards. I live in a kinda small town so i know its not being used, only two lawn cares in my town that are even professional enough to have a registered name. That is also the problem in my town we have allot of guys with a old john deere and a rusty truck that do it on the side for beer money. I mostly just do lawn care and not much of any landscaping.

tyler_mott85
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Around here when you advertise in the phone book under the "lawn care" section it is all the fert and spray guys, so seeing a name with lawn care a lot of people assume you are a fert company.

The mowing companies are under the "lawn maintenance" section.

I would maybe go with Wolf River Lawns. That leaves you open to all aspects of the lawn biz and as I use the same "Style" of business name (Mott Lawns) I feel it leaves me open to having the impression of doing lawn installs in the future. And thats where the $$ is.

Good luck! It's only everything that your company will be identified with. No Pressure lol.

tlc1994
10-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Wolf River Landscapes sounds good. And it's better that people call thinking you do it all than people not calling thinking you only offer select services, hence I suggest "landscapes."