PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a Ferris Evolution - opinions?

Turf-Pro
10-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Thinking of going a different route- anyone have this type of unit- Any comments or opinions welcome.

j-ville native
10-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Subscribed. I'd like to hear opinions as well because I am looking for a mower that won't hurt my back. I'm mainly considering stand-on mowers or Ferris mowers. From what I've read, most have said that the Ferris Evolution is a comfortable ride with the exception of someone that mentioned that his shoulders were sore from the position you are in when riding on the evolution. I could definitely see how your shoulders and trapezius could become sore. I've also read that the 52" Evolution is the only version the iCD deck and the only version with a suspension seat and suspension foot platform. The other deck sizes only have the suspension seat. This makes the 52" the only model worth considering. I do like how compact the Evolution is compared to ZTRs. It seems like it would be very maneuverable and easy to fit on a trailer because of its small size.

PlantscapeSolutions
10-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I tried the Evolution but went with the V-Ride. It's much easier to get on and off the Scag.

j-ville native
10-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Plantscape, can't you give a little more of a review of the evolution since you've tried it? Maybe some pros and cons? Ease of getting on and off a mower is a weak argument considering that getting on and off takes only a second and is not something you do more than once or twice per lawn. All you have to do differently to get off a sit-down mower is stand up.