PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Tree Pruning

bulhead19
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Hey guys I been tree pruning for a while and usually price by how long it would take me ($60/hr). Out of curiosity how do you guys price these jobs? By how tall the branches are? Near windows? Hills? etc thanks for the input..

easy-lift guy
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Really depends on your operating cost and what kind of profit you have out of $60.00 per hour? Your own skill level and what the market will also bare in your local make a big difference as well. By the age of your arsenal of equipment I believe most if not all is paid for or close to it. Out of your $60.00 per hour how much if any has been set aside for replacement cost when any or all of said equipment is ready to retire? A few questions to answer. I await your reply.
easy-lift guy

grass.gauchos
10-09-2011, 11:28 PM
We try to do a fixed price based on the size of the shrub/tree etc. A small shrub that is 12-18inchs tall is $15, probably takes 5-10 minutes for us to prune and cleanup, then just step pricing up from there, same pricing structure with trees...just do it by the caliper of the trunk. It takes a lot of the guess work out of it. Of course we have a $85 minimum fee to do anything....

easy-lift guy
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
As long as your fixed cost are covered,and you show a profit after everything else is deducted from your cost of running your business, that I say your in good shape.
easy-lift guy

rflawnman
10-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I price my tree work according to the difficulty and time it will take..

David Haggerty
10-16-2011, 08:52 AM
I'll give estimates by how big the job is or how difficult it appears. But the bill is always for labor and materials on anything I'm not doing every week.

I don't see how you could pay the insurance on $60/hr. Tree pruning is the most dangerous work. I sub mine out to A local tree service.
Think about what you're doing. something that might kill you or cripple you for life for a few bucks. There's better ways to earn money. In my opinion.

g&ggardens
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
have to say i agree a lot off people dont no how dangerouse tree work is

Ijustwantausername
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
I price my tree work according to the difficulty and time it will take..

Exactly, also I take into account if they were to call a guy that's paying a crew, plus WC (which is astronomical for tree work) plus tree insurance, my price would seem cheap.

I definitely charge more than $60/hr though.