PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to attempt to mow tomorrow?

unkownfl
10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Just like the title says. I'm going fishing or play a round of golf because I'm not dealing with mud fest.

JB1
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
o come on, where's your sense of adventure.

KS_Grasscutter
10-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Been raining there too? We FINALLY got some rain, started at 9:00 on Saturday and is still sprinkling, think weve got an inch and a half so far. Thank god, we hadn't got a decent rain since around the first week of August. Im not gonna start till probably 10 tomorrow, which is fine, cause I have a feeling I'm gonna have a hangover LMAO.

unkownfl
10-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Been raining there too? We FINALLY got some rain, started at 9:00 on Saturday and is still sprinkling, think weve got an inch and a half so far. Thank god, we hadn't got a decent rain since around the first week of August. Im not gonna start till probably 10 tomorrow, which is fine, cause I have a feeling I'm gonna have a hangover LMAO.

We've got close to 8 some places 10 inches within the last 72 hours.

Keith
10-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I've got two that need to be cut. They did not get cut on Friday and I got rained out on Saturday. Luckily they are in areas that dry out pretty quick, so I am hoping they dry out enough by late tomorrow afternoon that I can cut them at 5". Other than that my Monday lawns will be pushed to Tuesday...if it quits raining.

Glad it happened now and not in July.

jvanvliet
10-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Getting ready to load up & fire up even as we speak...

ReddensLawnCare
10-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm taking today off even tho the weather is great to spend the day with my fiancé. Last 4 days have been sun up to sun down with no extra time. Headed to the mountains in an hour
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
10-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Just like the title says. I'm going fishing or play a round of golf because I'm not dealing with mud fest.

Unknown

You got 7 inches of rain while the weather channel reported 11 inches of rain in Vero Beach just East of you. I am not sure what we got here but it wasn't any where near 7 inches. But we are soaked again. This has been a very unusual weather Year. It seems much Hotter and Wetter than normal

Charles
10-10-2011, 08:46 AM
The rain has finally made it from Florida to SC. Thanks Florida!:waving:. Only rained here one time per month since July. Combine that with the constant heatwave to make it a dreadful summer for grass cutting.

FlemingIslandLawnService
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
There is a 100% chance of rain here today. I'm just going to trim some shrubs. No mowing. I'm not going to ruin any yards.

Landscape Poet
10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I did not hit many of them this morning....I hit a few this afternoon. We focused in on the beds....tried edging at a few this morning only to discover that was not a good idea of course as the sidewalks were a muddy mess.

unkownfl
10-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I did not hit many of them this morning....I hit a few this afternoon. We focused in on the beds....tried edging at a few this morning only to discover that was not a good idea of course as the sidewalks were a muddy mess.

Yea I have to mow tomorrow no matter what. I'm going to use the trimmer for my edges. At least I can mow everything I need to in three days thanks to the cold weather I can move some to 10days or bi-weekly.

yamadooski
10-12-2011, 08:32 AM
unknown

you got 7 inches of rain while the weather channel reported 11 inches of rain in vero beach just east of you. I am not sure what we got here but it wasn't any where near 7 inches. But we are soaked again. This has been a very unusual weather year. It seems much hotter and wetter than normal

el nino.....