PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Problems

Stephen M.
10-12-2011, 03:15 AM
I have a 36" Stander RH which i purchased in mid 2007. Over the past year and a half, its had various wiring issues causing blown fuses. I read here about that infamous yellow wire and thought that was maybe the issue.

I took it into my small engine mechanic 45 minutes away from my shop who has worked on most of my machines for several years. Although he is not an authorized Wright dealer, he is an authorized Kwasaki dealer and a wiring expert. The Wright dealer is 2.5 hours away from my shop.

He is stumped. He replaced the small computer board that was bad and the fuse holder; all of the other switches and relays check out as good. The engine runs and he can drive the machine around his parking lot. The problem is when he turns on the pto for the deck, it kills the engine. He replaced the pto switch and it still happens. All wiring is good and all of the operating safety switches are good. It seems that the problem goes down to a black wire that disappears into the engine, but it doesn't seem to be bad.

So what's the problem?

My imagination has gone into overdrive and I floated the conspiracy theory to my mechanic that if I were to take the POS to the Wright Dealer, he would enter a secret code into the motherboard and the POS will work. He doubts that is true, but it seems plausible to me.

WrightCommercial
10-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Stephen M.,

Make sure that the mechanic checked the safety switch that is located in the battery box in front of the battery, this is the operator pressence switch, if bad the mower thinks you are off the mower whent the blades are engaged and shuts down.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Stillwater
10-13-2011, 06:37 AM
When my 07 had this issue it was the 2 blue wires under the dash that were connected together with splice connector, I replaced the splice connector and all was well, a 5 minute repair.