PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Quik Trak

Green Industry Pro
10-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Interested in purchasing one next season...I've asked a lot of questions on Lawnsite and I think I want a stand on machine. The only brands I can get are Scag, Exmark, Toro, and John Deere and I like the Deere the best. One of the largest LCO in my area has a ton of them. I would like any and all opinions, pictures, testimonials, prices..Just any thoughts you guys have on these machines. I'm pretty set on a stand on machine, but do you guys have any cons toward it vs. a sit down ztr ? Perhaps something slipped my mind that I need to reconsider? Thanks for the help! I'm sorry if this thread might be redundant but I just want all of the info in one place and purchasing an 8,000$ machine is a lot to consider.

~~Zach:usflag:

madisonpressurewashing
10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Demo, demo, demo

madisonpressurewashing
10-12-2011, 12:56 PM
After that demo demo demo

Green Industry Pro
10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
bump bump bump

weeze
10-14-2011, 03:26 PM
mowerbrad has one maybe you can ask him

Dodge Boys
10-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I have three stand up's..... Two Toro's with 48" decks (which I wouldn't recommend), both 2009 models - finally all the recalls and problems seem to be fixed, have about 600 to 700 hrs on each.... They haven't been bad this year but we did go through two horrible years with them..... Have a 2011 John Deere quick trak, about 250hrs on it now, never been a minutes trouble, far superior cut compared to the Toro's, and no lack of power...

Mikegyver
10-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Howdy neighbor,
Isn't there a Wright dealer in tyler? Have you looked at them? I would go for either Exmark or Scag. I have both in Walkbehind and Rider, respectively, and I like the deck/cut quality on the exmark and the spindles/ease of maintenance/etc of the scag.
mike

Turf Dawg
10-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Did you see the pics of the new Badboy standon? Looks pretty nice and I know there is a dealer in Paris TX. I have been wanting a stand on machine myself but have to sell my Walker first. I will be checking out the Badboywhen he gets a demo in.

mowerbrad
10-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I sent you a PM.

Price wise, you'll probably get the best price in the spring. When I bought mine they had a rebate (maybe $400 if I remember correctly), so in the end my 2011 48" quik trak was $6300+tax. But you have to remember that not all dealers get the same pricing, it depends on their sales volumes and distributor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

BPS##
10-14-2011, 10:23 PM
In my opinion standing all day while riding basically a bucking bronc is going to have your knees hating you in a big way by the end of the day. In turn that'll cause hatred of the machine too.

I'm buying another mower in the spring and its going to be a JD 960Z ztr with the 60" MOD deck.
Or at least thats the plan now.

weeze
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
yeah i could never use a stander or walkbehind...some yards i cut are 3 acres lol...they might be good if all your yards are small yards and you are done in 30min or less.

Green Industry Pro
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Howdy neighbor,
Isn't there a Wright dealer in tyler? Have you looked at them? I would go for either Exmark or Scag. I have both in Walkbehind and Rider, respectively, and I like the deck/cut quality on the exmark and the spindles/ease of maintenance/etc of the scag.
mike

Hey Mike. Yes there is a dealer in Tyler and I visited their shop yesterday afternoon. Problem is they don't have any floor units or demo units. I talked with them and basically, I would have to purchase the Wright sight unseen without a demo or anything. I know they are supposed to be good machines but I don't feel like purchasing an $8,000 machine without ever being able to even see one or test one. Awesome to meet someone from my area!:).

Green Industry Pro
10-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Did you see the pics of the new Badboy standon? Looks pretty nice and I know there is a dealer in Paris TX. I have been wanting a stand on machine myself but have to sell my Walker first. I will be checking out the Badboywhen he gets a demo in.

I didn't know BadBoy had released a stand on unit. But I guess the point is kinda mute because my old BadBoy dealer doesn't sell them anymore...I haven't researched to see if I have any other dealer in my area though...

Green Industry Pro
10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Paris is too far of a drive in my opinion. I would prefer a unit where I have dealers in my city.

ochosdaddy
10-15-2011, 11:48 PM
I have a 657A with around 1600 hours. It hasn't given be much trouble at all. My only gripes would be that the hydro pump cooling fan begins to fall apart every 300 hours, the unit can't handle hills worth a damn, and the parking brake is a joke. Other than that, it seems built fairly solid.

Mikegyver
10-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Ya its good to know other locals...think I have talked to you before via PM??? Or was that someone else?
If you are interested i am thinking of selling my 36" Turf Tracer. It would be perfect for you.
Mike

Green Industry Pro
10-19-2011, 12:03 AM
I have a 657A with around 1600 hours. It hasn't given be much trouble at all. My only gripes would be that the hydro pump cooling fan begins to fall apart every 300 hours, the unit can't handle hills worth a damn, and the parking brake is a joke. Other than that, it seems built fairly solid.

I was really looking at the 657a. How's the quality of cut?