PDA

View Full Version : 28-hp Vanguard

Aaronnc
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone owns this engine possibly in a Snapper Pro and can comment of fuel consumption, smoothness, etc.....

I've been able to find tons of info on the Vanguard 32-hp but hardly anything on the 28.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new Snapper Pro S200xt and really wanted to hear if anyone had any experiences with the 28 versus the 32.

In case your wondering, I don't bag, and there are no hills around here or anything. Would add a suspension seat and a mulch kit and go. Was thinking the 28hp would be plenty. Thanks for any info you can give.

mag360
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Had that engine on a demo ferris for a few days. Power was great and fuel consumption was "good" but I didn't specifically track it. It is the same block and displacement as the 32 though at 896cc's. I suspect you're looking at a 32 for all intents and purposes. Hopefully someone knows better than me.

Aaronnc
10-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I walked into my dealer with the notion to only look at the 32 (which he doesn't have), but he's started to convince me that all I'll need is the 28. All he has in stock is the 28 Vanguard and the 26 Kawi at this time.

Between buddies who've owned them, and threads I find here, and info on the net, the 32 & 35 Vanguards and the Kawi are fairly well documented. Just can't find anything on the 28 Vanguard.

The dealer recommended the 32 for bagging, but since I'm not, he said the 28 was plenty. Just wanted to get other opinions on it.

zheinfeld
10-12-2011, 09:06 PM
I Love my 32HP and I would maybe hold off on the suppression seat the one that comes with the mower is pretty smooth, but I came from a hard mower