PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Force Recycler

mysteryman
10-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Does anyone use the Toro Recycler (mulcher?) kit for the 48" Turbo Force deck ? [Toro Recycler Kit p/n: 117-0540/115-7466 ] If so, do the blade chambers stay clean or do they require the usual cleaning of accumulated grass in the 'corners'/edges and around the spindles? Also, I am assuming that other than blowout at the edge of pavement or other surfaces of different elevation there is no trace of grass clippings on the lawn itself...as always, thanks for your comments.

All_Toro_4ME
10-12-2011, 06:28 PM
not the 48" but I have it on my 36". It really depends on how wet the grass is. It'll clog like any other deck and I've had to scrape after each yard before, but this year has been bone dry so it hasnt been too much of an issue. As far as the blowout, it depends on the type of blades you are using. There's shouldn't be any windrows of grass when you mow. If so, change the blades out.

mysteryman
10-12-2011, 09:01 PM
not the 48" but I have it on my 36". It really depends on how wet the grass is. It'll clog like any other deck and I've had to scrape after each yard before, but this year has been bone dry so it hasnt been too much of an issue. As far as the blowout, it depends on the type of blades you are using. There's shouldn't be any windrows of grass when you mow. If so, change the blades out.

thanks for the reply. makes sense about the blades, I forgot to factor that into my question. Sounds like it would work pretty well on average (considering wet spring and fall, dry summer around here).