PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 6 3-0-3

Landscape Poet
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Opinions on this product - Have any of you guys used it and if so are the results good.

It appears that it would be a good product to use on my ornamental spraying as it offered a good balanced approach to N and K - and what I like about it most is that it addresses the micros that my soils tend to be missing.

I was thinking foliar feeding would offer faster results....and could be done will I was applying my pesticide/fungicides.

Anyone that has experience with this product I would like to hear your thoughts as well if you have any products you feel offer other advantages.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Total Nitrogen (N)...........................................3.00%
1.15% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.00% Ammonical Nitrogen
1.85% Other Water Soluble
Nitrogen (and/or) Urea Nitrogen
0.00% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphorous as (P2O5).................0.00%
Soluble Potassium as (K2O)..........................3.00%
Chlorine, not more than................................ 0.00

Secondary and Micro Plant Foods:
Water Soluble Magnesium as (Mg)............... 1.00%
Water Soluble Boron as (B)........................... 0.15%
Water Soluble Iron as (Fe)............................. 1.00%
Water Soluble Manganese as (Mn)............... 2.00%
Water Soluble Molybdenum as (Mo)............. 0.02%
Water Soluble Zinc as (Zn)............................ 2.00

olive123
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
i would be careful with mix rates spraying nitrate nitrogen on plants. Not crazy about doing that. This past year i have used a product (name escapes me) but it is 10 percent iron and 3 percent amm. sulfate. Worked well but boy did it extend the caterpillars eating time!

Ric
10-12-2011, 11:31 PM
i would be careful with mix rates spraying nitrate nitrogen on plants. Not crazy about doing that. This past year i have used a product (name escapes me) but it is 10 percent iron and 3 percent amm. sulfate. Worked well but boy did it extend the caterpillars eating time!

Olive

I believe your concern is related to the % of concentration of the Nitrate Nitrogen in the final spray mix. I am sure the Label doesn't call for Eagle 6 to be applied full strength.

I am not familiar with this product but reading the Numbers, I feel it would give a quick boost to ornamental. I don't believe it would take the place of Granular Fertilizer. However I think it might be a very nice supplement to it.

Mike

Where are you buying Eagle 6?? I wouldn't mind trying it. BTW I did Google it and read a little about it.

Landscape Poet
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Mike

Where are you buying Eagle 6?? I wouldn't mind trying it. BTW I did Google it and read a little about it.

I have the Howard Rep looking for it up here. I am thinking of mixing it with a granular similar to the lesco palm fert for the bed a 10-2-10... but the granular would be used essentially only twice a year and the foliar sprays would be used to keep everything perked up and address the micros that the granular do not. I am not positive but my hopes is that by doing so I will keep some of the showy plants on the properties will keep perked up and doing there thing.

Ric
10-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I have the Howard Rep looking for it up here. I am thinking of mixing it with a granular similar to the lesco palm fert for the bed a 10-2-10... but the granular would be used essentially only twice a year and the foliar sprays would be used to keep everything perked up and address the micros that the granular do not. I am not positive but my hopes is that by doing so I will keep some of the showy plants on the properties will keep perked up and doing there thing.

Mike

I forgot to ask or look to see if Eagle 6 is nonstaining???? I am assuming it is.

My Program is a 6 Lawn and 6 Shrub treatments a year. I have been using an acid forming slow release granular Palm fert on all shrubs twice a year and mixing my own liquid supplement that is applied 6 times a year or every 60 days. I happy with the response but I would like to find a good pre-packaged product instead of mixing my own. Big difference is I mix a 100 gallon at a time and power spray shrubs with a ton of liquid. Being old school I believe in lots of carrier when fertilizing or Insecticide etc. Of course most Herbicide work best at a gallon a thousand and I use a different skid sprayer for Herbicides and or Back Packs.

Landscape Poet
10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Mike

I forgot to ask or look to see if Eagle 6 is nonstaining???? I am assuming it is.

It does not state that it will stain...however it does have the 1% Iron so I would assume that it would...however the difference in your methods of application would not prevent me from using it as much as I am limited to a backpack sprayer.

Here is the link Ric

http://plantfoodsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Eagle-6-8.5x11.pdf

Ric
10-13-2011, 04:53 PM
It does not state that it will stain...however it does have the 1% Iron so I would assume that it would...however the difference in your methods of application would not prevent me from using it as much as I am limited to a backpack sprayer.

Here is the link Ric

http://plantfoodsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Eagle-6-8.5x11.pdf

Mike

I ended up calling the Manufacture. It does stain and that is a Deal Killer for me. No matter how careful you are there is always that change of staining a Customers Property. Sure I use Staining Chemicals on Turf, But I am super careful not to over spray any thing. But with Ornamentals right against the house I am not using a staining product. Rust Erase from Lesco is a great cleaner if you do over spray.

If you are looking for a non staining supplement I will E mail my mix to Bryan (Promo) and have him give it to you. I will not post it. The only problem I see is My mix is done in a 100 gallon Skid Sprayer. Down sizing it to a back pack might be a problem.

Landscape Poet
10-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Ric, email it over to Bryan them please as I would be interested in looking at it and seeing if I can make it fit my application. I tried sending you my email over a PM but you are over full again.

Ric
10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Ric, email it over to Bryan them please as I would be interested in looking at it and seeing if I can make it fit my application. I tried sending you my email over a PM but you are over full again.

Mike

I will clear my PM box again it does fill up quick. I prefer not to have so many questions or PMs. Send me you E mail and I will mail a copy to you.