PDA

View Full Version : Demo today....

southgagrass
10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I tried a new Exmark 29hp 60" X Series today. Overall the mower was ok. Cut was fine did not like the drive system {my gravely drives way better} but the ride was the worst I have ever experienced. I don't see how I could take that all day long. Any how just wanted to share my opinion.

Exmarkboy13
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
can you please go alittle more indepth...

A+Grounds
10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
my x series
amazing cut, wows me every time
i love the drive, soo soo smooth!
ride with the suspension seat, i can live with it

nepatsfan
10-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I demoed the exact machine last week. We will not be purchasing it now but I totally disagree with everything you said. I thought the ride was great and the cut was awesome. The reason I am not buying it is that it is just a little bigger than we need. I prefer the 52 standers. The footprint of the machine is huge but I loved everything about it.

southgagrass
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
When I say drive system sucked seemed like you really had to push hard to get it going and same for reverse. I guess it had flat free fronts which made the ride so bad but it was really really rough. Had my helper drive it around to see what he thought [he does not mow much just I do most of it] he had the same feelings as me compared to my 252 Gravely Pro Turn. I just don't get where everyone thinks the cut is so great my gravely does just as good. Next gonna try the Scag TT 61" see how it goes.

A+Grounds
10-12-2011, 10:39 PM
you have to push hard because its dampeners are new, they are also adjustable. i like that feature it prevents the mower from being jittery. you must have driven that 1 machine your whole life.

ShaneysLawnCare
10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Keep in mind your two locations are different, so different environments, which in return changes how a machine cuts.
Everything cuts different in different conditions.
Just my $.02 before people argue.

Razorblades
10-12-2011, 11:52 PM
When I say drive system sucked seemed like you really had to push hard to get it going and same for reverse. I guess it had flat free fronts which made the ride so bad but it was really really rough. Had my helper drive it around to see what he thought [he does not mow much just I do most of it] he had the same feelings as me compared to my 252 Gravely Pro Turn. I just don't get where everyone thinks the cut is so great my gravely does just as good. Next gonna try the Scag TT 61" see how it goes.

Not trying to steer you away from the Scag TT at all, but since you already have a Gravely/Exmark dealer that you said you liked (in a different thread), you ought to give the Gravely Pro Ride a demo. t is supposed to be great on cutting bahia. I just got one 3-4 weeks ago and it has been great on this late season bahia.

At least get a demo of one so you can see if it will cut the bahia as well as the others such as the Scag Turf Tiger.