PDA

View Full Version : Deere G6 blades size?

dutchacres
10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know the size of G6 blades I should order for my 60" MOD 7 iron pro deck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
10-12-2011, 10:39 PM
They are 21" long. I have the Oregon number at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
396-730 is the Oregon part # for the 60" 7 Iron blades. I just went out to my shop to check.:)

Jimslawncareservice
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Just got home. I have the same number
Posted via Mobile Device

dutchacres
10-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Do you guys like these blades? I have always ran either mulching or high lift oem blades but thought maybe these doing leaves would be helpful.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
10-13-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't have them yet, but thinking about ordering a set for next year.

From what o hear on here, they don't work well munching due to a lot of blow out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-13-2011, 12:20 AM
They are designed to be used either for side discharging, or bagging only. No mulching with a mulch kit. Like Jim just said- too much blowout. I have used them for about half the season now, and though the OEM high lifts have a bit more lift, it isn't enough to offset how well these thing chop the clippings. I only got to use mine a bit so far for leaves here this fall. My machine is in the dealers right now while Deere and Kohler try to figure out why my engine smokes so much at start up. The few times I did get to use them for leaves I was fairly impressed. They made short work of them in 2 passes.

Honestly, I'll be hard pressed to ever use anything else. Just make sure to sharpen them up after you get them. The hard coating they apply to keep them from rusting while in inventory makes them feel duller than they are, and they cut god as is, but after I sharpened them up to my liking, they are awesome. I rarely see a straggler now regardless of whether or not there are leaves down, or how fast I go, or what type of grass I'm cutting.