PDA

View Full Version : Cast wall wash light

RLI Electric
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I just wanted to mention that I just finished a project tonight with the new Cast wall wash light. I used both the LED and halogen on this project and I think it is simply the best wash light I have ever seen. Good job Cast guys, now just make it so it can go subterranean and you will have the best stone wall wash fixtures going.

bcg
10-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I like that fixture as well. Not only the effect but it blends very nicely into the landscape during the day.

The other fixture they really did a good job on is the well light, the bronze grate on it really looks at home on the $1m+ homes, especially when compared to the black plastic grate some others use.

Classic Lighting
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I've installed a dozen of the LED so far. The fixture itself blends into the landscape very well. I'm a little skeptical of the about how many years this LED will last. But overall, it's a very nice looking luminaire with great output.

steveparrott
10-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks Guys, we're really proud of this Mini Wash Series. It's probably the most versatile fixture we've made. In addition to it's use in stake mounted applications (for walls and plant material), lots of guys are using the bracket-only version to mount under eaves for a nice soft wash on pathways and garden beds. It's also great for mounting on rooftops and gutters to wash the upper stories.

As to the hesitation about the longevity of our LED's - we made a massive investment in R&D with state-side LED engineers. These are not circuits that come out of the mass-producing China mill. They were built to our extremely rigorous specs - no electrolytic capacitors, components rated to at least 3 times the nominal voltage, surge protection, polarity independance, RFI filtering, protection from electrostatic discharge, highest quality Nichia and Cree chips, etc.

RLI Electric
10-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Steve, I showed Duncan how I would like to get this in an inground version. I'll leave that up to engineers but this would be the perfect washlight on a stone wall when you do not have a mulch bed to work with.