PDA

View Full Version : trimec vs three-way

bug-guy
10-13-2011, 08:00 AM
the lables look almost identical. the 3-way is a little stronger.
any input.

TLS
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
What formulation of Trimec?

And what brand "3-Way"??

Ric
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
What formulation of Trimec?

And what brand "3-Way"??

TLS

Knowing Bug Guys posting Habits I am Betting he talking about LESCO 3 WAY.

Bug Guy

I have never used Gordon's 3 way, But I have used Lesco 3 way on St Augustine for years. The big trick on St A. is to use only a Half oz instead of 3/4 oz ans mix it with full strength Certainty.

Plantculture
10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Ric,
Do you include a surfactant/sticker with that combo?I've got a place I'm bidding that has every weed known to man.

Ric
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Ric,
Do you include a surfactant/sticker with that combo?I've got a place I'm bidding that has every weed known to man.

Plantculture

Yes a little surfactant doesn't hurt """MOST""" herbicides. With St Augustine I like to error on the side of caution. St Augustine sure isn't the easy turf that Blue Grass is to manage. Dish soap works.

Of course this is a Broad Leaf Sedge control that does nothing for grassy Weeds. Also this is my WINTER MIX that has heat restrictions.

marshdawg
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Ric, I thought that Lesco 3-way is a no-no on St. Augustine. It says "dormant" St. Augustine on the label. It never really goes completely here in S. GA. What mos. do you use it? Just one round or what? I understand the cut rate to lessen the effects to the grass. Are you talking about use on completely dormant St. Aug. Thanks for the insight.

fl-landscapes
10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Ric, I thought that Lesco 3-way is a no-no on St. Augustine. It says "dormant" St. Augustine on the label. It never really goes completely here in S. GA. What mos. do you use it? Just one round or what? I understand the cut rate to lessen the effects to the grass. Are you talking about use on completely dormant St. Aug. Thanks for the insight.

Seeing as ric is hundreds of miles south of you and your sa doesn't go dormant I think it's safe to say his does not either
Posted via Mobile Device