PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this

944own
10-13-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AANgXBGUI&feature=related
Looks pretty cool how you can change the deck width. I wonder how that works with your blades being a fixed size.

Jimslawncareservice
10-13-2011, 01:02 PM
All they are doing to make the blades work is sliding the two out side blades back making it over lap more, if that makes sense. All decks have an over lap that's why the middle sticks out. If they didn't have that they couldn't over lap or need to be timed. You make as little or as much over lap as you want
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-13-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AANgXBGUI&feature=related
Looks pretty cool how you can change the deck width. I wonder how that works with your blades being a fixed size.

Take a look at how the outer two blades move in relation to the center one. They all move together, with the center one becoming farther forward (in relationship to the outer two) as the outer two move back around behind. The geometry makes it possible to have the deck flexable like that, while maintaining the distance from outer blade tip to center blade tip at a constant dimension.

944own
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I think that would be sweet to have on a mower that I would actually use.

sehitchman
10-13-2011, 01:31 PM
I watched the entire video, before I realized it was all electric.

Richard Martin
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm still waiting to see it run on a 28° slope. My angle finder says his slope was only 13 or 14 degrees.

944own
10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I looked at their website. That is the homeowner and they have a commercial model. It says they are gonna have a Booth at the expo
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm still waiting to see it run on a 28° slope. My angle finder says his slope was only 13 or 14 degrees.

I noticed the same thing. I didn't get out the angle finder, but that for sure was much less than a 28 degree slope.

If you want to see what a 28 degree slope really looks like, ask a builder to show you a 7/12 pitch roof on house somewhere, then ask yourself- "could I drive across that with my mower?"

944own
10-13-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAfZ8nZHCk&feature=related
here is another vid where they talk about it. They could have picked a better mower to compare it to. Check out the anti scalp wheels they are castors.

elitelawnteam1
10-13-2011, 04:41 PM
looks like a pimped out, underpowered piece of garbage

yardguy28
10-13-2011, 04:53 PM
the deck seems usefull but in my opinion thats about it.

i would never purchase a mower that looks like that. if toro or exmarks decks did that, that would be great. but leave the flashy paint job, pimped out wheels and those supports with holes in them for cars or whatever.

not sure i'm crazy about it being electric either. i guess it depends on how long it runs and how much power it has.

chip25521
10-15-2011, 11:07 AM
In the part of the video where he was comparing decibels, it looked like he was further away from the green mowchine. I guess he was wanting it to look quieter then it is.
Posted via Mobile Device