PDA

View Full Version : The "BEAST"

elitelawnteam1
10-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I was browsing around on youtube and came across a Beast mowers video. Just watch the way the operator handles the controls! If I did that on my mowers, I would not be hearing a pleasing sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VduhhEdvg8

TLS
10-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Saw that video earlier this Summer.

Lot's of stick "action" for the amount of movement by the machine.

grassman177
10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
that is because it is a cheap not well designed(chinese if i am remembering correctly) hunk of crap!

Richard Martin
10-13-2011, 07:02 PM
There sure is a lot of throw is the sticks for the little bit of ground speed it has. To do a zero turn requires you to be a gymnast.

Snapper Jack
10-13-2011, 07:30 PM
I thinks they should rename the Beast,"The Big Turd":rolleyes:

GMLC
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Imagine a china-men trying to operate that "thing". Then again china-men are good gymnasts.

weeze
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
haha did you see when he made his first turn how he dug up the turf? lol

ant hill not scalping lmao

dieseltech
10-13-2011, 10:17 PM
That is one ugly ass mower!
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
I like what looks to be a simple design with a low profile.

Also think more manufacturers should go with 15" front caster tires!
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
10-14-2011, 03:35 AM
They used to have a video on Youtube showing the procedure for adjusting the drive belts on the beast. It was pretty dangerous. The video has apparently been removed.

Ridin' Green
10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I wonder if this thread will bring in any new info from Gordon, the rep for "The Beast" that was posting so much info here in the other thread earlier this year? I know several guys on this site tried them with poor results, and lots of warranty repair issues.

The whole machine looks to me like they tried to make a mower as cheaply as possible, and still have it be able to sorta cut grass. I say sorta, because in the video in this link, and in the others that were posted in the "Beast thread", you could clearly see that the machine was leaving a less than acceptable cut.

StanWilhite
10-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Saw that video earlier this Summer.

Lot's of stick "action" for the amount of movement by the machine.

I thought the same thing when I watched the video the first time but I think the reason (or at least part of the reason) for the small amount of response (in comparison to the stick movement) is because the grass is wet and the inside tire is sliding.

Patriot Services
10-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I still can't wrap my head around the whole hydro/belt drive gimmick. The video of the burnout against the wall adjustment method was just a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
10-14-2011, 06:11 PM
I still can't wrap my head around the whole hydro/belt drive gimmick. The video of the burnout against the wall adjustment method was just a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know!!! That blew my mind. I wonder what happened to Gordon? By all the complaints on the HD website he must be busy.

grassman177
10-14-2011, 10:59 PM
anyone else notice the worlds worst seat on tha thing? wow, no way man