PDA

View Full Version : Exmark blades on a scag?

dutchacres
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Will exmark blades fit on a scag? I'm looking for a set of wavy mulching blades and scag doesn't offer them I don't believe so I was going to buy a set of exmark. It looks like the have the same length and hole diameter but wanted to make sure first. My scag is a velocity plus 52".
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthSide Cutter
10-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Dont know about Exmark but I do know Bobcat will fit. I use them because they have a offset like JD. They seem to cut better to me.

dutchacres
10-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Does bobcat offer wavy blades?
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthSide Cutter
10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Dont know what you mean by wavy but the outside is lower by about 1/2 " than where they bolt on. Mine for the 61 have the gator on them the and I think the # is 93 008 its a Oregon blade. My Scag mulch blades which have two different levels and the gator ends cut like crap leave to many strands everywhere.

Ridin' Green
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Dont know what you mean by wavy cut

He's referring to blades like Deere's mulcher blades that come with their mulching kit. The front edge is lower at outer 2-3", then the next 2-3" in towards the blade bolt has a curved rise to it (it sorta looks like the outer edge was revered from front to back, and turned upside down). The inner rise tapers down to the rear of the blade on the bottom side, and is designed to recut the clippings, then blow/force the chopped clippings back down into the turf. I have some, but I don't have any pics to post for you.

Hawkshot99
10-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Here is the shape he means.

I have no idea if the Exmarks will fit, but I do know when I ran a mulch kit on my Exmark that the OEM wavy blades did awesome.

http://www.expressmowerparts.com/Exmark_20_1_2_Wavy_Lift_Blade_p/28-120ex.htm

dutchacres
10-13-2011, 07:41 PM
That's what I'm looking for. Like said in another post it came with the gator mulching blades which cut like crap. I have tried everything to get this walk behind to cut as good as my Deere I traded off for it but I am not having very good luck. I kick myself for trading but what can I do besides trade again and take a hit price hit. I think I will just order some of the exmark blades and give it a try. Like I said they are the same length and the hole is the same size so I don't see why they wouldn't work since both blades are flat and not like my Deere and have a bend in them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawkshot99
10-13-2011, 07:45 PM
I think I will just order some of the exmark blades and give it a try. Like I said they are the same length and the hole is the same size so I don't see why they wouldn't work since both blades are flat and not like my Deere and have a bend in them.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you get them put them on, and then hand spin the blades under the deck making sure they dont hit each other, or the deck before starting.

SouthSide Cutter
10-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Thats the type my Scags are but with Gator ends. They are collecting rust along with the same blade off my 21. Just dont cut good enough for me.

Ridin' Green
10-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Thats the type my Scags are but with Gator ends. They are collecting rust along with the same blade off my 21. Just dont cut good enough for me.

I had a set like the ones you mention here, that were made by Sun. They were wavy gator's and no, I didn't like them either. Too much lift/air flow, to allow the mulcher edge to do its thing properly, and cut cleanly.

However, they wavy blades like Deere's and those in the link above work fantastic with a full much kit installed, and do pretty good at side discharging.

scagman52
10-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Scag does offer them and you can get after market blades that are almost the same. There called Eliminator blades and I ordered a set from my Scag dealer. They are pricey.