PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo front cut with liquid cooled Kawi on it?

jayfrank5074
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Got offered a trade today on a 60" front cut yazoo, it has 780ish hours on it, hydro deck lift, liquid cooled 20hp kawasaki on it. It looks like the old three wheel mowers, but Im trying to find some info on it. He said it has the foot pedal transmission not the lever.

Can anybody Identify it, IM going to look at it saturday I think. Anybody know anything about them? I had a yazoo years ago that had the cast iron briggs on it, but it had lots of cables and belts that turned and such. I assume this one is late 90's

Ill see if I can get a pic up.

jayfrank5074
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/jayfrank5074/yazoo.jpg

also what do you guys think this machine is worth?

He also said it has the dual tanks with selector valve.

Johnagain
10-14-2011, 06:26 AM
RUN AWAY! it will be a money pit.

Leaf Jockey
10-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Its a YHR model from the early to mid 90's. In its day it was a nice machine. Unfortunately that day has passed. If you break anything in the transaxle you are gonna have a tough time finding parts and those will only be used ones.
I worked at various Yazoo dealers for decades and really like seeing these things on the job. The problem is the weak transaxle and lack of parts availability.

Scott

dbear
10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
The problem is the weak transaxle and lack of parts availability.

Scott

I thought they used an Eaton 851 tranny, or was that later machines? I had a Ransomes T3101 with the 851 and always thought it to be the toughest component on it.

Like you say, parts availability is a huge issue.

jayfrank5074
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, this would be for my yard not a profession environment. I'd say 60 hours a year, but probably be sold/traded off eventually. I never use the stumpgrinder anymore, I have a job lined up next week, but it's small and first one in over a year. I would at least use the mower. I also have a 717a Deere, that I can use. If it lasted another 500 hours that would be 7-8 years. I found online they go 11mph is this true? Where they generally good machines? What kinda oil in the transaxle? I don't see the giving me much trouble in my basically flat yard.

Also I'd be lookin for a deck for the 285 Deere, it's in very good condition, but the guy hauled the deck off for whatever reason.
Posted via Mobile Device

jayfrank5074
10-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Also can you get parts for the machine not including the trans? Bearings/belts not worried really worried about. Also how is the cut?
Posted via Mobile Device

TheMadLandscaper
10-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I think this the right owners manual, I am guessing your model is either c or d.
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/pdf_documents/Yazookees_Manuals/Riding_Mowers/YHR_20multi_2090_93.pdf

I think that the" K" in the model # is for Kawasaki ??or Kohler?? and the "20" is the hp, but I am not sure what the "L" stands for? The only engines that came on these mowers were Kohler, Wisconsin, and I think Kawasaki on the newer Yazoo mowers.

I am not to familiar with these mowers, but I thought this would help you out with part numbers. Ebay has some parts for these mowers if you type in Yazoo Mower and the part # that you are looking for.

You never know what will be on there.http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313&_nkw=Yazoo+Mower&_sacat=See-All-Categories There is actually a mower similar to the one your looking at on there now!

jayfrank5074
10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Actually digging around, I found that kubota d722 engines also came on them.

I traded for it anyway, I figured I could at least use it to cut the grass. It's in pretty good shape overall, a little work needed. Engine is very smooth and quiet. Not terribly powerful though, I guess I'm spoiled by my 717a. I got a few bushings to replace, and the wrong castor wheels are on it and need to be spaced right.

I been looking under the deck and thinking about adding more baffles maybe, the blades seem to spin pretty fast as they make allot of "wind" noise. Anybody do anything like that?

Also, I found in a manual for the kohler powered ones that the trans calls for 30wt, anybody see a problem going to 15w-50 mobil like I use in my Deere? Or even 15w-40 delo or rotella?

The belt is tensioned wrong, I might make an auo tensioner.

I like it alright so far

The 285 Deere I got has the 18hp version of this kawi on it, but vertical shaft, it also is very smooth and quiet

Also landscaper, thanks for the links
Posted via Mobile Device