PDA

View Full Version : Mulching Kit for Husqvarna PZ?

GreenGiant94
10-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know if they offer a mulching kit for the Husqvarna PZ with the 54in deck? Are these machines getting popular? I demoed one a while back. Thought it was well built. Ive heard some great thing about them.

Thanks

HLM HustlerZ
10-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Not sure if they make a mulching kit, you could probably find out by calling a dealer nearby. My dad runs 1 crew with a PZ 60 inch and he swears that it's more 'rugged' than my hustler that my brother and I use. Dad says the Hustler rides better, but that the PZ takes abuse on rugged terrain better. Hope it helps!

By the way the Yazoo Kees Mid Max 3 is the same exact mower as the PZ series by husky, you can look that direction also.

GreenGiant94
10-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Ok great. I really appreciate the info. Did your dad say how it does on hills?

JimQ
10-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Yep, there sure is a mulch kit for the PZ. It comes with deck baffles, a discharge block-off plate and a set of Gator blades. It works pretty well.

Stick with the Husqvarna. They just announced that Yazoo Kees is being discontinued at the end of the year.

Q

GreenGiant94
10-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Yep, there sure is a mulch kit for the PZ. It comes with deck baffles, a discharge block-off plate and a set of Gator blades. It works pretty well.

Stick with the Husqvarna. They just announced that Yazoo Kees is being discontinued at the end of the year.

Q

Thanks for the help Jim. I was looking at one of your other threads and most of the talk seemed to be about the 60" unit. There was also an awesome stripe pic. The 54" unit doesn't seem to get the same amout of attention. Is it just as good? Is the 26hp enough power for the deck? Besides the tires being a little smaller, everything else is the same where it should be able to stripe just as good correct as the 60" (You can tell I really liked that pic haha)? One other thing was about bagging units. I was looking at a Peco system and once again the talk was about the 60" unit. It didn't say anything about the 54". My question is even thought the width is different, the discharge opening is still the same size right? So thus if it fits the 60" it will fit the 54". Thanks much for all your help.:)

GreenGiant94
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Bump:hammerhead:

Meg-Mo
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM
With the MEG MO blades and a 4" piece of the metal that is on the tail gate of the light trailers you will not need the bagging kit ether. Went out today and got a piece of the expanded metal 18 by 24 for $5.00. You need a piece 4" wide and the length across the discharge chute plus 4" to bend 2" on each end to match to the side of chute to bolt the metal to the chute. I will be taking some to the GIE show the end of the mo. to show how easy you can mulch for very little money.

GreenGiant94
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
With the MEG MO blades and a 4" piece of the metal that is on the tail gate of the light trailers you will not need the bagging kit ether. Went out today and got a piece of the expanded metal 18 by 24 for $5.00. You need a piece 4" wide and the length across the discharge chute plus 4" to bend 2" on each end to match to the side of chute to bolt the metal to the chute. I will be taking some to the GIE show the end of the mo. to show how easy you can mulch for very little money.

Ok cool! So it works pretty good then? I tried a discharge cover on my current mower and it seem to mess up the airflow and wasn't cutting good. Im thinking it was because the plate was flapping open and didn't get a good seal. So all the air and grass was trying to get out the 1in opening. Thanks for the tip man.